Chapter 6 - Emotional Shift.

Faith

I'm not sure what's going on with me. Why is he here? Why am I being tortured without knowing why? The college has a lot of gorgeous girls. He might have pursued others, but he chose me.
When I heard what the coach said, my breath became shallow.

I was trembling with fear. I couldn't even get a grip on my phone. Then I received another call from an unknown number.
I answered the call.

"Hello? "Who's calling?" I asked.

"Faith, where are you?" A commanding voice echoed.

"Who is this?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"Who else Faith! your well wisher! And, of course, your new mentor. Remember?" He said it with a hint of a smile in his voice from the other end of the call."

My grip on the phone slipped. Dipti hurried over, startled, and questioned the cause.
"What's wrong?" she asked, genuinely concerned. I paused, dismissing it as a wrong call. "Tell me the truth, Faith," she pushed as she noticed my trembling. "Just some call...." I muttered before coming to a halt. "What exactly did it say?" she inquired. "I don't know. A money ransom, threatening to kidnap my child!...." I said. "Funny, right?" I asked lying. "You should tell him it will take 10 years.He'll be old by then.....don't be afraid. Come on chill babe! " she commented, laughing. We both laughed, but I couldn't risk revealing the truth to my best friend while also protecting her innocence.

At one point, I wasn't sure if I should go or not But then, my future was at stake. Sports could really help with my degree once college is over. Thoughts were rushing in my head like crazy.

'What if he does something again? No. No. It's a tennis court. We won't be alone. Get up, Faith. You're strong. Come on. Fight,' I told myself. I put on my track suit, grabbed my things from the lockers, and went to the court alone hoping he couldn't do anything to me in public.

I made my way to the college's sports building and then to the tennis court across lonely hallways and walls. He was standing with one foot on the wall behind him, leaning on the wall. When I arrived, our gazes linked instantly. I could see the malicious sparkle in his eyes, something dreadful emanating from him that just screamed that no one could save me from him.

"Let's head to the court. On the other side," he commanded.
"Why? Aren't we practicing here?" I asked nervously.
"No, it's crowded. I need to focus on you more," he said with a sinister smile.
"But this court shouldn't be full. It's late and it's very spacious," I protested, attempting to peek inside but suddenly, he grabbed me from behind, holding my wrist tightly and pulling me toward him.

"If you're not up for practice, that's fine! I'll inform the coach that you've lost interest in tennis," he warned in a loud voice.
I stood there in silence, tears welling up, attempting to move away from him. He pulled me closer, our bodies colliding. He leaned in, his breath fanning against my neck.

"Oh wait!!Consider your game Faith, your future. You're intelligent, and I doubt you'd waste your degree, right?" he whispered by my ear. His nose grazed the edge of my ear, sending shivers down my spine. My breath hitched, tears streaming down my face as I realized there was little I could do to escape him. Somehow, he'd find a way to make me miserable.

"Let's go. We're running out of time, Fai," he said, leading me to the court behind the building. I walked along, a sense of emptiness engulfing me, as if nothing mattered anymore.

Kabir

She was in a tracksuit, holding a towel and an empty water bottle. Her eyes stayed on the ground, and her legs fidgeted nervously - a result of the fear I instilled in her. Avoiding the practice spot I suggested, she slouched toward the court to check if it was full. Furious, I quickly pulled her towards me, and she bumped into me. I could feel her pulse racing through her wrists. Her scared eyes turned teary as she looked directly into mine.

Her lips shaped like a half-moon hint at an upcoming cry.With our faces just inches away, I observed her facial features for the first time - hazel eyes that holds stories, long lashes framing them, and lips that carry a subtle plumpness. The long, wet curls of her hair release a sweet vanilla fragrance, and every strand which seemed to be dancing with a mix of black and shining hints of light brown. A petite button nose adding to the charm.

Her breaths are uneven, racing as if trying to escape the turmoil within. I find myself captivated by the details, the vulnerability in her tearful gaze. A single tear escapes, tracing a silent rebellion against my commands.

I leaned down to talk to her face-to-face, getting close to her ear. I warned her that if she didn't comply, I'd talk to the coach and get her kicked out of the tennis team.

Grabbing her hand, I led her towards the court. Her pulse was still racing, matching the beat of my own heart. The touch of her skin under my fingers felt strange yet lasting, like time stood still for a moment. There was a weight in the air, a silent agreement about who held the upper hand in this situation.

Rate the Chapter out of 10 in the comment box.🫸🫷
A vote and a comment will encourage me a lot to write further chapters. Thank you ❤❤ All the best!