| 三十八 |

──❝Navigating the Labyrinth of Thoughtful Sorrow❞──

────────────────────

[Y/n]'s form quivered with an uncontrollable surge of fury in the presence of Xue Yang. Her hand, tightly clenched at her side, trembled, the suppressed might of the twin gale fans hanging at her hips pulsating with restrained power. Exerting every ounce of strength, she fought to maintain composure, holding back the tempest of rage that threatened to engulf her and tear Xue Yang asunder. As moments passed, an inexplicable knot formed in the depths of [Y/n]'s throat, stifling her voice into silence. Her throat moved like a leaf quivering in the wind, a telltale sign of her internal struggle. Each breath she drew felt labored, shallow, and ragged, as if she battled for her very existence, losing herself in the process. The awareness of the Clan Leader of Qishan disturbing obsession with her filled [Y/n] with revulsion, a noxious blend of anger and disgust churning within. How dared he fixate on her, laying claim to her spirit, her strength, and her very essence? It was an affront to her autonomy and an insult to her identity. The scorching heat of her fury threatened to consume her, transforming her into a tempest of retribution.

In the midst of the swirling turmoil, Wei Wuxian attentively watched [Y/n], her fingers entwining around the fans like serpents poised to strike. His heart ached as he witnessed her internal battle, sensing the anguish emanating from every fiber of her being. With a touch both gentle and firm, he extended his hand, pressing it against hers, intending to provide a grounding presence amid the emotional maelstrom. Despite his efforts, the storm raging within her showed no signs of abating. Without so much as a glance in their direction, [Y/n] spun on her heel and strode away, her steps quick and purposeful. As [Y/n] headed towards the isolated corner, the sound of her footsteps crunching against the gravel echoed in the empty space, amplifying the heavy burden she carried with her. With each step, she felt the weight of her own words building up until she finally reached the corner, which collapsed to the ground, her knees giving out beneath her. The impact was jarring, sending shockwaves through her body, but the true force of her realization was yet to come. It was more than she could manage. The wave of emotion subsided, leaving her feeling spent and depleted. She sat by a diminutive pond, its clarity akin to crystalline perfection, nestled discreetly behind the wall. The water within remained pristine, lacking even the presence of a shy fish or the slightest ripple.

A subtle radiance emanated from her side, drawing her focus to the twin gale fans aglow with an ethereal light. Instinctively, she reached for them, cradling the luminous artifacts close to her pulsating heart. In a telepathic communion, she established a connection with her ancient companions, forging a silent bond that transcended the physical realm. 'Please, calm down; I am alright,' [Y/n] endeavored to reassure, though both Yin and Yang discerned the discord between her words and reality. 'Deep down, we both acknowledge the falsehood in your claim,' Yin gruffly expressed. His desire to cross his arms was thwarted by the limitations of his short limbs, rendering the act an unattainable feat. A subdued yet distinct growl rumbled in the immediate vicinity of [Y/n]'s mind. 'You must regain composure, for the tempest within you threatens to unleash chaos upon those in your vicinity. I understand you're in pain. We both feel... We both feel your pain. But you must find solace within yourself and reclaim command over your emotions. Trust us; we are equally repulsed by what was revealed.' Yang smoothly transitioned from his growl to a calm and soothing tone, attempting to console [Y/n]. 'Remember, strength lies not only in physical abilities but also in the ability to control one's emotions. Take a deep breath and let go of the anger.' [Y/n] sniffed, nodding. 'I can't fathom that even after all these years, the Clan Leader of Qishan has been relentlessly seeking me. It appears the truth has finally caught up, and I can no longer elude my past. The notion of confronting the Clan Leader fills me with a blend of fear and curiosity. I don't wish to face him, even after all the atrocities he's committed. Isn't he content after massacring my clan?'