| 二十三 |

──❝Fluffy Encounters❞──

────────────────────

〖 Next Day, [Y/n]'s Room 〗

The evening sky cast a gentle hue over the serene landscape of Cloud Recesses as [Y/n] made her way back to her room, bearing a delicate tray adorned with steaming bowls of fragrant Wonton Soup and two meticulously poured cups of jasmine tea. The air carried a tantalizing aroma—a harmonious blend of savory spices and herbs that danced in the corridors, inviting warmth and comfort. As [Y/n] stepped into her room, the scene unfolded before her: Mei, poised and graceful, was already settled, an ethereal tranquility emanating from her very presence. With delicate precision, [Y/n] placed the ornate tray upon the polished low table, unveiling a bowl of steaming soup. Each surface of the broth glistened, adorned with wontons meticulously folded into intricate shapes, showcasing [Y/n]'s unwavering commitment to culinary artistry. Mei's eyes shimmered with genuine admiration, her voice resonating like a soft melody as she praised the dish, recognizing it as a culinary masterpiece. The heartfelt accolade danced in the air, painting a radiant smile on [Y/n]'s face, a blush of pride gracing her cheeks in response to Mei's heartfelt appreciation.

"Thank you," [Y/n] expressed, her smile a radiant display of genuine appreciation. Seated opposite Mei, a bubbling excitement enveloped her as they prepared to share this meal—a labor of love crafted not merely for sustenance but as a gesture of camaraderie. The soup presented itself as a vibrant tapestry, a mosaic of colors and flavors—plum dumplings nestled amidst an assortment of crisp vegetables and fragrant herbs. "I usually only cook for my brother," [Y/n] confessed, her voice tinged with enthusiasm. "But I was truly eager to try my hand at cooking for someone else." Mei stared at her with incredulity. "What?! You're brothers are really lucky to have you cook for him. I can already tell that this meal is going to be something special." The room exuded a serene aura, bathed in the gentle glow of lantern light mingling with the aroma of steaming tea and savory soup. Mei, wielding her wooden spoon with care, ladled a generous portion of the soup into a bowl, wisps of steam rising delicately.

As the wonton slid down her throat, Mei exclaimed, "This is divine! The blend of flavors is impeccable." [Y/n]'s countenance lit up with an irrepressible grin as she, too, indulged in a spoonful of the delectable soup, savoring each flavorful nuance that danced upon her palate. "I'm glad you like it," The burst of flavors pirouetted and erupted on her palate, an orchestration of tastes that stirred an insatiable longing for additional indulgence. They immersed themselves in the feast, luxuriating in the symphony of flavors that intermingled, enveloping them in a serene silence. However, the tranquil ambiance was disrupted by Mei's spirited and playful banter, injecting an air of liveliness into the moment. "So, [Y/n], have any handsome cultivators captured your attention during your stay?" Mei's playful query sailed through the air like a mischievous zephyr, catching [Y/n] off guard and causing her to choke on her tea. Violent coughs erupted from the depths of [Y/n]'s throat, her desperate endeavors to regain composure dashed by the jarring and unforeseen inquiry. Her struggle to compose herself intensified amid the disruptive query, leaving her momentarily incapacitated. Her visage flushed with embarrassment, betraying her discomfort with such candid discussions.