| 九 |

──❝Vortex of Revulsion❞──

────────────────────

〖 Gusu Region, Caiyi Town 〗

Nestled within the Gusu region, Caiyi Town sprawls along the waterfront, its proximity being a mere 10 kilometers from the Cloud Recesses, linked through water channels that meander toward the Biling Lake. The town finds itself veiled by an intricate network of rivers and tightly woven paths, flanked by clusters of residences. Houses adorned with white walls and gray-tiled roofs populate the landscape, while the waterways bustle with boats ferrying passengers and laden with baskets of goods. Along the riverbanks, a vibrant marketplace thrives, boasting an array of wares, from fragrant blooms and luscious fruits to meticulously crafted bamboo articles, delectable pastries, aromatic teas, and the luxurious sheen of silk. The wind swept fiercely through the narrow alleys, orchestrating a symphony of bustling chatter between vendors and customers, their voices intermingling with the melodic clinks of coins and animated negotiations.

[Y/N] gracefully strolled through the colorful stalls, her silk robes swaying gently with each step. She delicately fanned her face, trying to escape the heat of the midday sun. As she perused the various goods on display, Xiaolong tugged at her robes to keep up.  Despite intermittent coughs, Xiaolong persisted, resolute in matching [Y/N]'s stride. Adorned upon his back rested a woven basket, its contents revealing freshly bought fruits and vegetables, their vibrant hues peeking out from the opening at the top. Strolling at a relaxed pace, exchanging greetings with the street vendors. "Morning, Mr's. Dong." Among them was a familiar face—a seasoned woman with gentle eyes and hands that bore the marks of time, vending delectable street fare. Beside her, the niece peddled an assortment of exquisitely designed hairpins. 

Each encounter prompted [Y/n] to pause, engaging in brief conversations with the duo, trading pleasantries, and considering whether to indulge in the tantalizing snacks or acquire one of the intricately crafted hairpins. These moments became a customary pause during her leisurely walks. After acquiring a steaming, velvety custard bun, Xiaolong wasted no time in succumbing to its allure, savoring each delicate bite as [Y/n] engaged in conversation with the vendor. Entranced by the creamy delight, Xiaolong found himself captivated by yet another tantalizing aroma wafting through the air. With a contented slowness in his gait, he drifted away, the custard bun still a source of pure enjoyment, the lingering fragrance coaxing him towards a new sensory experience.

"Looking for a hairpin, Mrs. Li?" The cherubic-faced young girl inquired, delicately presenting a hairpin bedecked with iridescent pearls. "Hmm..." [Y/n] responded, her fan masking her lower face as she leaned in, peering at the array of hairpins displayed before her. Her bangs cascaded like a curtain, veiling the intensity of her focused scrutiny. Most of the offerings failed to meet her discerning taste. With a languid wave of her fan to ease the warmth on her face, she inquired in a melodic tone, "Do you have something else?" Before the girl could respond, a weathered hand rested gently on her shoulder, belonging to the Mrs. Dong who presided over the wares. "I do believe I have just the thing that might capture your fancy,"Mrs. Dong declared before turning to retreat into the sanctuary of her home, hinting at the promise of hidden treasures waiting within.