Payback

Sapphire

I was always paid in the mornings on Tuesday so by the time lunch rolled around, I'd been able to cash my check and find Blaze. Of course, they were in the back lot, smoking and fucking around.

The guys saw me coming up to the Impala (apparently Blaze had retrieved it) and waved, "Hey there Spooks." Jesse smiled, stepping closer to me. I knew Blaze had told them everything so I'm sure they'd discussed my mouth multiple times.

Blaze stepped out of the car. Damn he was hot, "Hey, baby, what's going on?" He attempted to wrap his arms around me, but I dodged him.

"I just wanted to pay you back for last night. How much do I owe you?" I went for my wallet and he stopped me.

"I told you what I wanted," he said loud enough for the guys to hear him.

Just my luck, Erica rounded the corner and glared at me, Rachel was at her heels. Blaze put an arm around me and I let it happen this time.

"Why don't we ditch class and go back to my place then?"

Erica scowled as she made her way towards us, "What the hell is she doing here?"

Blaze laughed, "What the hell are YOU doing here? Sapphire and I are friends. Buzz off."

Erica fumed, "Since when have you been friends with her? You don't even like her."

I lowered my gaze, but Blaze kept a hold of my shoulder, "Erica, I swear to God I will lost my shit if you don't get the fuck out of my face."

Rachel and Jordan were getting chummy and I felt clammy again. I hated how these people made me feel.

"Don't listen to her," Blaze whispered in my ear. He was so close that I felt as if he purposefully brushed my ear with his lips. I felt myself getting wet.

"Let's go. It's just history class," He whispered to me, "Let me take you for a ride."

I looked at Erica and back at him. I knew my grades were fine and graduation was going to be a breeze. When I looked back at Erica, she was smirking as if I was going to let him go.

"OK," I said, "I just have to be back to pick up the van."

Blaze smiled, "All right, boys! We're outta here." He opened the door for me as I slid into the seat, watching the callous expression on Erica's face. I didn't know what we were doing, but I was all for pissing off Erica.

The guys waved us on and it was so warm in the Impala that I melted right into the seat. Hard rock was playing on the radio and Blaze peeled out of the parking lot like a madman.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked me.

"Anywhere,"I told him.

"Thata girl!" He floored it and I knew we were making our way down to the river where all of the Avery kids hung out to party or get laid. It was actually a very beautiful spot, but I rarely had time to go there. I couldn't help, but smile.

Blaze

That smile. I don't know why it made me hot, but it did. Maybe it's because I knew what those lips could do. We were headed out of town when I gazed over at her. She was beautfiul and I was going to destroy the hell out of her. I needed to fill my quota. I think I'd already broken Heather without even trying.

When we rolled into Frog Park, I pulled into a parking spot. It was early November so I knew there wasn't going to be many people there.

"I'm sorry about Erica,"I told her, turning down the radio. She'd unbuckled her belt and was staring out the window.