Franky's Party

Sapphire

So my sister's talked me into the whole party thing and wondered if I should invite Lourdes and Melissa. I decided against it. I knew I needed a ride so having Emerald there was better than my besties. Reason being? It made me look less terrified and mousy.She even offered to do my foundation to hide whatever bruising Dad left.

I guess I was going to a party then.

"What the hell are we doing here?" I asked as we walked into the loud party.

"At least we're here together,"she looked around and spotted the hunch bowl, "I am not letting you drink."

"Oh, what a killjoy," I mocked. I drank, but I never drank around Blaze and his people.

I spotted him from across the room, talking to the owner of the house and host of the party, Franky. Franky was a good looking guy, football player, and quiet for a partier.

Blaze looked like he'd just arrived. There wasn't even a beer in his hand. Why had I allowed my sister to talk me into dressing up? I was one sick psycho.

He gazed the room and caught sight of me catching sight of him and I instantly regretted my birth. I tried to slip behind Em, but I was taller. Fuck.

The crowd swallowed us. To my surprise, not many people seemed to care that we were there. Why would they? I was always paranoid..

"So you do leave your house other than to go to school and work!"

I turned around to see Blaze and his idiot friends waving to me from a distance behind him.

"Well, hey there!" My sister looked Blaze up and down as if she was licking him with her eyes. He was a sight to behold tho. Baggy jeans, a tight blue v neck shirt and his favorite blazer with the weird palm tree on the back. Wait. I shouldn't know that. God strike me dead, please.

"Hi," I said to him, "You know Emerald, of course?"

He extended his hand and a smile to my sister "Of course. It's been a while, but I can see the Soper beauty certainly runs in the family."

Emerald giggled and widened her eyes at me in delight.

"Sapphire, can I talk to you?" He asked me as we moved closer together due to the crowded foyer. We were flush with each other now and I could feel every bulge.

I hesitated, but he nodded at me, placing his hand on my lower back and I just about wet myself. Emerald shooed me away like I was some kind of nervous child.

I glared at my sister, but I allowed Blaze to escort me away from my sister, who lingered near a group of older college kids.

I waved to Star who looked mildly concerned for me, and was stepping forward to try and enter my aura, but was interrupted by a friend of hers.

"So, couldn't stay away?" He winked at me when we were alone in the foyer.

"I just came from here, Blaze," I told him, gesturing towards the front door, "What do you want?"

"You."

I sighed. This party was already boring, "Excuse me?"

"I think you look really nice tonight and I plan on making you mine."

"That's bold," I laughed, "Go toy with someone else, Baxter. I'm not in the mood."

"You mean you don't want people to think you're a slut?"

"Blaze, I am not sleeping with you. Go find Erica," I told him.

"Erica? She's old news," he smirked, "I am onto bigger, better things."