Saving You

Blaze

I hated my father, but at least he didn't run me through like Harry did his own kids. Why the fuck did Sapphire stay there? No wonder she wanted to get the hell out of this place.

For now though, I couldn't worry about her little problems. My dad was reaming me a new asshole because I hadn't settled the books for the last week. The lawn maintenance company he owned would eventually be passed down to me and he wanted me to take the job seriously, which I did. He was always making me regret my choices, still reminding me that I had everything when I was with Erica.

I took my shirt and hoodie off when I headed into my room. My dad was still bitching at me about the business. I could hear Sapphire's door open and close and that little spit fire was headed downstairs to sit with my sister and Rachel. She meant to be seen by Rachel. I wanted to see what she was going to say so I hurried up my conversation with Dad who told me to get the books done and he'd be home with Brenda tomorrow.

He wasn't going to be happy about Sapphire, but I didn't give a fuck. I hated Brenda, too, but he didn't care about that now did he? He never even consulted his kids about her.

I tossed my phone on the bed and headed downstairs, stopping right before hitting the floor.

"Are you OK?" Star was asking Spooks.

"Yeah, I'm fine,"She replied, "My dad is kinda out of it so Blaze said I could crash here for a few days."

Star didn't reply. She knew Dad was going to shit bricks once he found out who was staying with us, but if he wanted me to be his little bitch, he'd have to live with it.

"Are you dating Blaze?"

Damn, Rachel.

There was silence. Had we not accomplished this upstairs? Was Sapphire going to deny it and have me make a damn scene?

Before I could jump into the conversation, she spoke up,

"Yes." Sapphire said, softly, "He saved me tonight."

Sapphire

I'd said it. It was out there. Rachel's mouth fell to the floor and Star smiled, but it wasn't the smile of a person who was happy for us. It wasn't lost on me. I bet she knew her brother better than anyone.

Suddenly, Blaze appeared in the doorway, shirtless. Star rolled her eyes and continued flipping through the channels on the TV and Rachel scowled at Blaze.

"So, Star can I chat with you for a minute?" Blaze beckoned her with his finger. I was sitting on a nearby chair, wringing my fingers. I knew Rachel was texting Erica and there was going to be some kind of confrontation. I hated myself for thinking Blaze was really going to save me. I pulled out my phone and texted Em and Opal and told Opal to give the kids lots of hugs and kisses for me.

Rachel looked up from her phone, "So, I didn't know you and Blaze had a thing."

I didn't, either. We don't?

"Oh, yeah, we go way back, ya know." I settled my eyes on her face. She knew we did go way back, but we weren't friends. How the hell did I end up here? It hadn't even been a full week and all of this was happening.

Rachel wasn't too much of a bitch like her cousin, but she could be, "Oh I would never have guessed the two of you would hook up, though. I mean, you're...." She didn't have to finish, but she smirked at me and I breathed in heavily.

"Yeah, surprise!"I threw my hands in the air, "You know, he's a really good kisser."

Spooks? Hello?

Rachel texted again. All right then. I could do this.