Part One - Surprises Awake and Asleep

Grandfather was looking at me with shock, I was concerned by what he thought, so I spoke, "Despite that, I still care about you. I love mom and dad, even though they're gone... you three are the parents and grandfather I never thought I'd have... even if mom and dad were taken from me so soon." I watched grandfather's face soon morph to sadness, reincarnation was more common in this world thanks to the angels, but I guess the momentary shock had hit him hard. So I decided to continue, "But forget about me for now, so, are we some... magic family or something?" Grandfather shook his head, as if to bring himself back to focus, "Well... yes and no. Your father was a descendent of a mage family that split off of another, much more prominent mage family." I said, as a question, "Did we split from the Pendragons?" Grandfather slammed his head on the table, "You even know about them?" I just nodded, "Yeah, I know a... lot..." 

I had a thought, then said, "Gramps, am I special in any way, more than magic, tell me now!" I was rushed, grandfather said, "Yes, quite so, but-." I cut him off, "How!? Can I feel pressures, magic items, anything like that?!" Grandfather looked up, then said, "Well, I assume so, your mother could do it in her own way." I would ask, my face serious, "Can I sense sacred gears?" Grandfather got serious, "Arthur, are you telling me?" I nodded, "I think I can sense sacred gears, I know of someone who has one, well, should get one." Grandfather raised a brow, "Ok, which one then?" I responded, without hesitation, "Issei Hyoudou, my classmate, he gets the Boosted Gear, the sacred gear which holds Ddraig, the Welsh Dragon." I watched grandfather's face change again, fear, concern, "Arthur, you can't be serious, that is a very serious accusation." 

I slammed my fist on the table, "Damn it gramps! I know Vali has Divine Dividing, trust me on the fact my friend has the Boosted Gear! I know he does! He had a presence I didn't understand at school today!" I watched his face hit that look of confusion before shock, then acceptance. "I understand, I'll... do something about it." He would look to me, then say, "Well, before I start, keep the fact you're a reincarnation a secret. Unlike angels, other world reincarnations are... unnaturally strong compared to regular people. For you, it would mean people from all over the supernatural world to mark you for death, do you understand me?" I would be shocked, then nod, "I understand." Seems my kind of reincarnation was more common than I thought, or knew of, so I said, "Now, let's get to the information you wanted to tell me." 

Grandfather would nod, "Understood, well, just tell me what you know." I would speak, things like Great Red, Longinus's, sacred gears, and other things the Highschool DxD anime had in it, grandfather would nod, "I see, well, you know more than I was going to let you know in information terms of the supernatural, but it's not enough for all my information. So, let's start with this." He would sigh, "Basically, your parents made a massive risk in giving birth to you, you're special... you're not fully human." I would state, "I'm not like Vali, am I? He's the kid of the original Lucifer." Grandfather broke character for a moment, then said, "No, not like that, but I'll take the information. But I can't tell you how special, not just yet, because it's enough that if you know and spill, everything we fight for would be lost." I raised a brow, "A fight? I thought there was some... weird peace like thing between the three factions." 

Grandfather would shake his head, "No, there's been many attempts at peace, but some faction keeps breaking any chances at peace, wanting to keep the humans blind from the supernatural and keep the other factions docile. They're killing off entire families in all three factions that want peace, killing weak groups, and even making sure the main factions don't get peace talks underway by killing the ambassadors. My group's been fighting to bring down this hidden faction, we gotten smaller cells, but not the larger one." I raised a brow, "This involves me... how?" Grandfather pointed to me, "They fear you, they fear what you can grow to do, so, I want to train you, and the massive magic potential within you, to fight for your own path. So, are you up to for it?" I would think, but the answer was obvious, train or die. I nodded, "Let's do this, if I don't train, I risk death, don't I?" Grandfather would nod, "Essentially, if they find you out, you'd be dead before the week is out."