Let's Make A Deal

It had been a long day, and you needed to rest. Yeah, surely to rest would make you think clearer.

But how could you think clearer when you had practically been an inch away from kissing the most beautiful woman you've ever seen?

Sleeping was impossible, rolling around the blanket like a burrito until you stopped, because you stopped thinking, your body needed the energy.

And if only it could've stayed like that.

Because the last thing you would've wanted to hear from a voice message from your very best friend was each exact and single detail why you were right.

And being right felt wrong.

Because being right wasn't right for you, as all that you had suspected from Vanessa was confirmed between sobs and and shouts to nobody.

Breaking contact was the safest option for both you and Luis, the police station had an eye on him, and the police station also had Vanessa, and that means it also had an eye on you.

Of course you were glad to know he'd gotten out of everything, but to learn your phone number was the saviour only deepened your thoughts.

Was Vanessa actually a threat? You didn't want to believe so, but how many times did she get to go inside your home without you even hesitating a second? It was... Scary, to say the least.

And what you least expected was for her to appear on your door, claiming your attention.

"Did Luis call you?" She quickly inquired, which to you just nodded. "Good, I asked him to do that." She coughed slightly.

You just stood her in silence, waiting for her to keep talking. She knew you knew, and she knew you were at least mad, that is something she came prepared for.

"Look, I don't want to believe that you had to do anything with it, but the station asked me to take you to the interview rooms. It won't take too long, I promise," she clarified.

Not even an apology, but you guessed she had all the right in the world to take pictures of you if she used them professionally only. But even you already knew she didn't.

"Please, let's make this fast," she insisted.

You sighed and closed the door behind you to walk to her car.

The police station wasn't that far from your house, which made it the more easier for you not to talk during the drive.

"Luis and you will be good to go, if that's what you worried about." She muttered.

The first words you said in the whole day weren't as warm as she expected them. "Why are you doing us this favor? You could even lose your license to ever work as a policewoman again."

She frowned and didn't say a word more until you arrived. The building was empty, though you could hear voices at the other side of the wall.

Vanessa got you into one of the rooms, locking the door with a key once you also got inside.

She sat behind the desk. "Take a seat, please."

You obliged, and that was easily the most uncomfortable chair you had ever tried.

She noticed and stood up. "Do you want my-?"

"No, no, it's okay." You refused, pushing the seat back.

She didn't seem convinced at all, but oh well, more important things were happening. She looked up to find a security camera, it was in stand by mode, she took the remote and turned it off completely.