Workout

"That all?" He took the swimming bag to the side and returned his elbows to the table.

You looked behind you before answering. "I'm certain I left nothing. I hope I'll be available again soon."

"Do you think she's here?" He muttered as realizing what you were doing.

You returned your gaze to him. "I- I mean, she could be, right?"

"I guess it doesn't hurt anyone to be cautious, but don't be too paranoid about it, okay? Nobody we don't want to know will find out about this." He replied by tapping the bag next to him.

You sighed. "I don't know, Luis. I've seen her before, she's been following me for a while, I know it! She probably already knows everything about it but is just making sure."

"Look, everything's here," he tapped the bag once again. "So go live your college life peacefully because no one will know a thing. If you still need the money go babysit or something, but don't worry."

A small smile got the best of you. "You're the best, I'll miss you." You stood up.

"You're graduating this year anyway, I'm sure you didn't intend to keep this going." He pat your back as hugging you.

"See what I told you? She has a boyfriend, let it go." Mike whispered behind the wall they were both hiding at.

"Shush, will you?" She nudged him.

After a few seconds, both you and Luis left the gymnasium cafeteria with your arms intertwined.

"That does look like a couple to me," Mike mumbled loud enough for Vanessa to hear.

She silently grunted. "Why did I bring you, again?"

"Because refusing wasn't an option, remember?" He didn't return her gaze, making him notice something. "Because why would be he carrying her swimming bag if they weren't going in the same direction?"

She struggled. "Because he's a gentleman, nothing more, did you see them kiss? I didn't, well that's it."

"And why didn't he bring a swimming bag if they're both leaving?" He scratched his neck. "Maybe he didn't use the pool today?"

Vanessa's annoyance suddenly vanished. "Maybe we should follow them to make sure?"

And so they did, discovering that you and him went in separate directions in the end, so why had he got your bag?

"Maybe he forgot it and she returned it? Or maybe she's her sister and she brought it to him but suddenly something came up and they both left? But shouldn't they be walking on the same the direction?" Mike started theorising.

She clicked her tongue. "What if they're both walking to their cars, which are separate? Maybe he took the bag because his car is closer?"

"Instead of guessing, why don't you ask her? I mean, you'd have an excuse, right? It does seem a little sketchy," he returned the nudge from earlier.

She shook her head. "She'd recognize me, it was just yesterday, wouldn't it be weird?"

"I guess you did sort of kidnap her, but other than that, maybe you're just the best in your area?" He crossed his arms.

Vanessa sighed and turned back to realize you and Luis both had already left, and they completely lost sight of you.

Mike clicked his tongue. "Maybe, well... Not maybe, you definitely should stop with this madness and focus on someone single, also don't focus that much, because you're going to end up in jail if you continue like this."