Baby Powder

"If water isn't of your liking, could I offer some juice? I also have Coke if you'd like-". Did you had just really said coke in front of a police officer? "I- I meant cola..."

She quickly shook her head "Yes, I understood. I'll have water if that's okay."

"S-sure thing. Coming right up." You practically ran to the kitchen and you left out all the air you where holding once she was out of sight.

Meanwhile Vanessa admired her surroundings. Such detailed decoration, just as she expected. She checked the door you had just crossed twice, then from her pocket she pulled out a small camera, the one she had used earlier that day.

"You want ice in your water?" You momentarily popped out your head from the kitchen doorframe.

That was enough to make Vanessa jump, good thing she was facing the same direction. "If that's not a problem..." She quickly hid her camera in her shirt when you left again.

You didn't take long to return to the living room with her glass accompanied by a coaster underneath. "There you go."

She took a small sip and then left the glass at the coffee table in front of the couch. "The place is beautiful," she muttered.

You grinned. "It's my parents', I watch it for them."

"How old are you?" As if she didn't already perfectly knew.

Your expression shifted as you found that question coming out of nowhere. "Oh, uhm, 23. What about you? If- if you don't mind me asking, of course."

"Really? You look younger. I'm 26." She took her glass of water again.

You scoffed. "No, you're the one who looks way younger! I would've guessed 21."

That's why said yes to the ice. She took the hugest sip to try to cool herself down, then turned around so you couldn't see what was going on. "Oh, the water's really cold," she dissembled as facing you again.

You paid close attention at how her cheeks were flushed. The water must have been really cold to cause that.
"Oh, let me-"

"No, it's okay, I like it like this," she lied once more and left it where it was.

Even if she seemed to know everything about you, she still had so many doubts and wonders she'd love to ask you about. Of course she couldn't and that was driving her crazy.

"Thank you for the aiding, by the way. I could've never afforded this," you mentioned as rubbing your head bandages.

"It's really no problem, it's my duty as a police officer, to serve the people." She hummed. "I hope this country gets public sanitation one day."

You clicked your tongue. "Yeah... Don't count on that."

Talking about duty, wasn't Vanessa supposed to be on it? Because it didn't seem so, after several minutes of insignificant chattering she still hadn't left.

"Oh, isn't it a bit late?" You inquired as checking the wall clock. It was, indeed, time to have dinner.

"I suppose so. I have to return the car to the station, it was a pleasure talking to you." She stood up and curtsied in front of you before grabbing your hand and kissing it.

What the heck? She didn't know either, it just happened, she couldn't stop it. She left after a small cough and you saw her cruiser leaving your porch.

WHAT. THE. HECK?! You weren't crazy! You saw it! She took a camera with her and took pictures! They were onto you, they were onto all of you!

You quickly walked to the telephone and dialed your friend. "Please... Please answer."

- Would you please stop calling all the time?

- This is urgent.

- Oh, what happened?

- Basically a police officer found me after I crashed with that dickhead of yours... Anyway, I woke up in like the creepiest room ever, because the officer took me there and healed my wounds, then she took me home and I didn't even had to tell her the address!

- ... What the-

- And then I invited her to a glass of water and she started taking pictures of my house!

- WHAT?! Why the heck did you invite her in?!

- So she'd like me and didn't think anything weird? I don't know, but I think there's a mole between us.

He took a deep breath and stuck the phone to his ear once more.

- Look, don't act suspicious, I'll talk to some of my contacts. In the meantime, stop the business completely. Not even close friends, got that?

- Okay...

You hung up and hugged yourself. You had to hide everything, you couldn't risk everything you had been working on for the last years along your friends.