(009) 14 days too long

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

nev woke up after ghosting chris for 14 days and decided she needed to fix what she had done. 

she needed to explain herself to chris. 

after clicking on chris's instagram account, she realized there was a new highlight called soph 🤍

she clicked on it, and immediately regretted it. 

the first picture was uploaded 9 days ago. 

9 days ago was when he saw her in the background of the facetime. 

it was a picture of him and some random girl kissing in a photobooth with a caption that said 'right person, right time.'

another picture of them having a picnic in some random park, captioned 'don't need a sunset when i have soph' 

nev cringed a bit. since when has chris been this... lovey dovey. 

another picture of her wearing nev's favorite hoodie of chris's. chris knew nev loved that hoodie more than anything. it was captioned 'my fav girl and my fav hoodie' 

at this point, nev knew he didn't write the captions himself. he probably searched up cute captions for your gf and wrote them there.

she skipped asking for larri's advice and immediately facetimed nick.

"did you mean to call me?" nick asked.

"i'm sorry, i know i kinda ghosted all 3 of you when i should've only ghosted 1." she quickly apologized.

"why did you feel the need to ghost any of us?" nick asked, a hurt tone in his face.

"i've been getting a shit ton of death threats just because chris posted me on his story a couple of times, i thought i needed to take a break for a bit. have them forget about me. so when i come back, i can actually talk to chris without being scared of your fans." 

"you took too long to come back, nev." nick winced. 

"too long?" she repeated, "it was just 14 days-"

"14 days too long." nick made it clear that she actually royally fucked up.

"what? like, he actually moved on?" she asked.

"you didn't see the highlight?" he asked.

"i did- but the captions were so.. not chris." she shrugged, "i just thought he was doing it to prove that my absence didn't affect him whatsoever."

"it affected him so much he got a rebound." nick said. "and he's so dedicated to move on, he thinks he's in love with his rebound. everyone can tell that sophia is a rebound, even mom." 

"what do you mean in love?" she said, voice shaky.

"he says that if they didn't break up within a year he's going to propose." 

"you're joking! that's so not chris." she shook her head.

"i'm telling you, he's living in delusion!" nick grumbled. "sophia is nothing compared to you. she's so mean. she won't even sit next to me cause she thinks i'm faking being gay." 

"that's... something." she blinked.

"nev. i'm willing to do anything to get you back, and to get rid of sophia." nick said, almost begging her.

"you said it yourself, he's convinced himself that he's in love with her."

"fly out to boston. tell him you love him. he'll leave her in a heartbeat." nick suggested.

"what if he says he moved on? we weren't even a couple to begin with." she worried.

"he won't." nick shook his head.

"okay, hold on." nev opened her laptop.

"nev?"

"shh."

nick stayed silent for a while.

"nev?"

"i just bought plane tickets to boston for tomorrow." she blinked, just realizing what she had done. "larri doesn't even know i'm awake."

"hold on." nick said, typing aggressively.

in a few seconds, larri came  barging in, "NICK SAID IT WAS AN EMERGENCY!" 

"i'm going to boston tomorrow to tell chris how i really feel." she told him.

"what?" lar blinked.

"you can't say no, i already bought the tickets." 

"this is literally like a romcom tv show but in real life." nick giggled. 

"do you want me to come with?" larri asked.

"no, it's okay." she shook her head, "i have nick."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

whoops!