(015) i didn't expect to ...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

3 days after larri caught nev, and mattia kissing, she woke up with her fight or flight senses fucking locked and loaded. she woke up with an uneasy feeling in her stomach. something either really good, or really bad is gonna happen today. she knew that for sure.

she got ready, and went downstairs to see mattia, and larri having a very hushed conversation.

her and mattia have gotten UNBELIEVABLY close. almost closer than her and chris, which really fucking shocked her when she realized it. A couple of months ago, she wouldn't believe that living without chris was a possibility. Now, she can't (and won't) imagine him in her life anymore.

"neveah!" larri screamed, making her jump. "i have someone coming over, i need you to leave the house soon."

"ew." she shuddered. "when?"

larri shrugged, "when he's on the way, i'll tell you and mattia to leave."

"you are really fucking nasty." she poured herself a bowl of cereal.

"bitch, do i need to remind you of what i walked in on 3 days ago?" he scoffed, "at least i have the decency to warn you."

"womp womp." she said.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"chris this has GOT to stop." nick ordered.

"i can't." he shook his head, going through his old chats with nev. "this is the one thing that's keeping me alive right now, and i'm not even joking."

"take it down a notch, lover boy 2.0." nick rolled his eyes.

"you had the chance to fix shit with her, kid. you messed it up." matt told his brother, "let her go for her sake."

"i've never felt this way before." chris realized, "i want her- i need her. i don't wanna imagine life without her. i don't wanna accept the fact that she's probably wearing some other guys hoodie, that she's looking back at him twice when he leaves to go to the airport-"

"chris, babe, that's called being in love." nick explained.

"what? no!" chris shook his head. "i'm not in love."

"then what are you?" nick put a hand on his waist.

chris was gagged. he had to process what his brother just told him. he didn't know what to say.

the silence was so fucking loud.

"holy fucking shit, i'm in love." he realized.

"FINALLY!" nick yelled. "took you long enough."

"i need to tell her." he said firmly.

"you needn't." nick shook his head.

"but.. i love her." he said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"so did she. keyword, did." nick helped his brother understand, "you can't kick her out of your house after she flew all that way to tell you she loved you. the worst part is, you rejected her when you weren't even in a happy relationship. she's in one now, and you have no right to ruin that for her. you've already done enough."

"but i didn't expect to want to be with her forever." chris emphasized, "at the time."

"is this you overcoming your fear of relationships?" matt asked, earning a quick nod from chris.

"chris, i also want a brother with a brain, but i don't have one. suck it up, and let her live." nick rolled his eyes. "like, seriously. let her be."

"but-" chris got interrupted by matt.

"kid, shut the fuck up for once." matt snapped. "lets recap, okay? she liked you, she flew ACROSS THE FUCKING COUNTRY to tell you she liked you. what did you do? you kicked her out of OUR house, which you had no right to do, knowing she had no place to stay. i would not blame her if she stomped on your balls the next time she saw you. if she still likes you, let her come to you. other than that, don't do shit." he got up and walked away.

"what's up with him?" chris scoffed.

"jesus christ." nick huffed and walked away too.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"larri just texted me." mattia spoke up.

they were in her room, and nev had her head resting on his chest as he played with her hair VERY carefully because she spent ages perfecting her curls.

"what does he want?" she mumbled, not having the energy to speak. she felt so content with mattia, she felt safe, and comfortable enough to turn her brain off when she was with him.

"his little special someone is 5 minutes away."

"i really don't wanna get up." she complained.

"give me your car keys, i'll drive you there." he offered.

"drive me where?"

"to the park." he shrugged.

"okay." she stood up and blindly followed him to the car.

he put on some of the songs he liked, making sure to add some of nev's favorite songs too.

the whole ride there, nev was fighting the urge to smile. she liked being able to turn off her mind whenever she wanted. she knew she could, she trusted mattia enough to lead her through everything.

they sat near a duck pond, and kind of marinated in the silence. every now and then, nev noticed him digging through his pockets, making sure that whatever it was that was there didn't suddenly fly off. whenever he confirmed that it was there, he looked over and neveah with a soft smile.

"you know, i didn't think we'd end up getting close." mattia admitted.

"why not?"

he shrugged, "my sister treats our home like a hotel. anyone is free to sleep over at anytime. you're the first one that's actually close to my age, though, so i was kinda happy about that. i just didn't expect to fall in love with you."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Watch me update again in like 2
weeks 💗💗💗