Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Advantages

Drew Holiday

I probably shouldn't have left Hailey alone with my mother, Kelsey and Miranda. On any other normal occasion, I'd be scared for Hailey. What with my mother being all intimidating, Kelsey confusing her and Miranda... well being Miranda, she wouldn't stand a chance. But in the state she was in, I'd be surprised if they survived with all their bones intact. Suddenly I heard a blood-curdling scream from the kitchen. I rushed in immediately.

'Haikey! Are you okay?!?' I said, full of worry.

'You!' she said pointing at me. I backed up a step, she was in hysterics. 'You stay away from me!' Then she pushed past me and ran out the door. As she rushed by I was overcome by the most tantalizing smell on earth. It was a heavenly mixture of overpowering strawberries and vanilla. I held back a moan in my mouth as my whole body heated up.

'What was all that about?' I asked.

'I think you're little lady friend is a bit jumpy downstairs, if you catch my drift.' Miranda said grinning and waggling her eyebrows. I just stood there dumbstruck.

'You mean...?' I asked breathless, it was almost too much.

'Mmm hmm, chicky wants to get it on.' Miranda winked.

'Figuratively speaking,' Kelsey said.

'Why'd she smell like that?' I spat out.

'That was her wolf sending out pheromones to try to seduce you,' Miranda explained.

'It was working...' I muttered. All three women laughed. I blushed when I realized my mother was still standing there. 'I think I'm going to leave now...' I said.

'Alright dear!' my mom said. 'Remember! It's never too early for pups!' she said. Miranda and Kelsey burst out into fits of laughter. I groaned in embarrassment.

<>

This is getting ridulous. Every time I've attempted to so much as speak to her today, she screams bloody murder and runs away. I mean, what does she think I'm going to do? Rape her? Maybe she's just afraid she'll rape me...

Then suddenly I thought of that old phrase: it's not rape if you like it. I grinned madly to myself. Nope... It definately wouldn't be rape.

I began to wonder if it would be considered "taking advantage" of her while she's all hopped up on female werewolf hormones? Then again, she'll be like this until I do so... I'm so confused.

I frowned to myself.

'What's eating away at ya man?' Danny asked, taking a seat beside me.

I summed it up in one word; 'Hailey.' I said. He just sighed and nodded his head.

'Which appendage of yours has she injured this time?' he asked. I laughed.

'It's not that.' I said.

'Then what?' he asked.

'She's...' I paused, trying to word it delicately. 'Ready to mate.' I said sighing. He just grinned and slapped me on the back.

'Then why are you here instead of out there giving the lady what she wants?' he asked grinning.

'It's not her who wants to mate... It's just her body.' I sighed.

'Well, what the body wants, the mind will follow.' he said. I smiled half-heartedly.

'Sure.' I said. He sighed.

'I know you man,' he said. 'You're afraid she doesn't want you, but trust me, she does.'

'Even if she did,' I said. 'What if I don't meet up to her expectations?' I said. He raised an eyebrow.

'I haven't heard any complaints so far...' he said teasing me. I sighed.

'We've all heard she's been with older men...' I said.

'Well, I guess you'll just have to give it your all then.' he said giving me a wink.