17

As you put your phone in your pocket, you sighed, as you realized you'd have to somehow talk to him. But how'd you even get through to him? You had him blocked, and he probably did too.

You couldn't even reach out to him through Hu Tao, as it would be awkward and you still hadn't made things up with her yet.

You awkwardly stood by the gates of the school, although getting soaked, just hoping he knew that you both had to walk home together.

As you saw him standing with his friends, you saw him grunt as he left his friends and walked towards where you were standing, as you then took out your phone and pretended not to see him.

"Couldn't you have waited inside?" He spoke rolling his eyes. "I know we're supposed to walk home."

You remained silent, pretending to not care about what he was saying.

He took out his umbrella and opened it, putting it over his and your head.

"Don't make stupid decisions, for which I'll also be yelled at." He spoke, not looking at you as he started walking.

You started walking aswell to match his pace, to not get more soaked in the rain. You're already having fever, so it'd just be worse.

The silence in the walk was awkward.. but also.. comforting in a way. The ground smelled like a mix of the rain and mud, the only sound was of the raindrops and both of your footsteps.

You cleared your throat, as the tension in the air only grew. Only the sounds of Scaramouche breathing could be heard from him, clearly the two of you wishing to exchange no talk.

As the cold weather was slowly getting to you, he took notice of it and pulled you closer so you were under the umbrella completely.

He took off his scarf and carefully put it around your neck, and after that he looked away and became his usual cold self again.

No words were being exchanged, and it was getting more and more awkward. So, you decided to finally start a conversation.

"So, how've you been?" You mutter out, hoping Scaramouche heard you.

"It doesn't matter." He replied harshly, as he again took his gaze off you and onto the road.

"I was just asking, but alright." You said, rolling your eyes.

"Oh, you're actually taking my disrespect?" He asks, a small grin on his face.

"Only because I don't want to hear that god awful voice of yours." You replied, clicking your tongue.

"So you admit you're taking my disrespect?" He asks again, smirking.

"Shut it before I actually do something." You said, clearly getting annoyed.

"Of course." He replied, rolling his eyes.

"I was being serious, by the way." You spoke, sighing. "I actually want to know how you're doing."

"Rare sight." He replied, in a joking manner.

"You immature rat," You replied, slapping his arm lightly. "Just answer my question."