16

Your class got a free period, as your teacher was absent, and the substitute teacher had work and she didn't really want to be in the same class as yours.

Practice for Valentine's Day has been doing on in the auditorium. Although no one was allowed to really go see it except student council members, you knew students disguised as participants just to go see it.

Participants could bring max 2 people, but it required a pass and nobody bothered getting it.

Ever since you were "temporarily replaced", you couldn't bare coming to this school. Of course Lumine would get everything you had.

She had everything. What else did she need?

All your classmates were either playing basketball, football, or some other sport. Or some were simply gossiping.

You didn't want to join any of them. Yoimiya was just watching Ayaka in the auditorium, as she sneaked in.

You felt pretty lonely there. Half of your friends were in the auditorium, and the other half were in their classes.

Suddenly, you felt a tap on your shoulder.

You turned around, to see it was Keqing and Heizou.

"Oh, hey." You greeted, as you got up.

"Hello. We came here to discuss the student council thing with you." Keqing said, as she and both Heizou sat down.

You sat back down, as you could tell this would probably not be any good talk anyway.

"From a personal perspective, there's always something missing without you. When I see the badge on Lumine, at first, I think it's you." Heizou started.

"I agree. Nobody can handle your role as well as you do. And the principal has given the role back to you." Keqing added.

You were taken aback, as this was sudden.
"Wasn't the principal just.. gushing recently about Lumine's work? What happened?" You spoke, as you coughed.

"Well.. we all know she's an impatient lady and Lumine isn't the quickest at this stuff. So, after much thinking, she decided you were going to have it again. Permanently this time." Keqing said, a slight smile on her face. "Will you accept it?"

The question was tough. Everybody would hate you for stealing back the role, especially after the things Lumine probably had said about you.

"Please." Heizou insisted, putting a hand on your shoulder. "I'm sorry for.. I mean we, are sorry for not fighting against the change then. But we really like you. And your hard-work, no one can compare to it." He smiled.

After much thought, you accepted the offer.

Both Keqing and Heizou hugged you, to which you hugged them back.

But deep down, you knew it'd never be the same.

It was the last period. It was P.E class for all now. No practice was done at this time, and you could see all participants coming out of the auditorium.