Ch. 29- Nine-One-One

Vote, comment. Enjoy!

*Flash Back*
(2 Weeks Ago)

"Who is it?" I asked hesitantly.

Only because I wasn't expecting any guests, I wasn't sure who it could've been to be honest.

"It's Krystal." The person at the other end stated.

My eyes narrowed, and I felt my blood beginning to stir. How does she know where we live? What could she possibly be doing here, and what could she want?

"How can I help you?"

"Um, I just uh.. I just have a few words. I promise it ain't gon' be drama."

"I'm listening." I said through the closed door.

I'll be damned if I open up this door to someone who I would consider an enemy of mine. I've seen too many movies and there's too much craziness going on in the world today. I'm no where near a coward, just protecting myself and my child from and possible harm.

"Look, I came here to apologize to August. That's all. I promise, no craziness. I'm sure it's you Kourtney behind the door, right? I kinda owe you an apology too."

"Kinda? You can keep your apology. There's nothing to apologize about. You did some reckless shit, end of story. I don't know you, so therefore you don't owe me anything. You can leave now, thank you." I semi-yelled through the door.

"Kourtney I completely understand why you would feel a certain way towards me. I did some unforgivable and unexplainable shit. Your right, we don't know each other. But I do know that I'm sorry for what happened in the past."

"What is it to you?"

"I've just had the time to actually think about my actions and I'm so ashamed."

Why is she being so apologetic? The last time I seen her, we were being pulled apart from eat other by security. This has got to be some kind of a facade.

"Whatever, I really could care less. You may now leave our doorstep, thanks."

I heard her sigh on the other end of the door. Is this girl for real?

"I'll leave. But if you want to talk further, you know, about all of this; you can meet me at that new bistro downtown on Sarurday. Around noon?"

I didn't respond to her request. Instead, I looked through the peephole to see the impatient look. I laughed a little seeing how bothered she appeared, but whatever.

I guess she got my drift because soon after, she walked away from our door step and got into a car looking just like Kordell's.

*The Present*

Kourtney

"You like this one?"

"No. It's way too bright." I complained.

"What about this one?" She held up the outfit.

"That's too colorful, Krystal."

"Kourtney, we been in the mall shopping for hours and you only Jane one bag. You're so picky." Krystal said.

"In not picky."

"Yes, you are."

"But I'm really not." I argued.

"YES you really are."

"Ok, so what if I'm picky? This is my first born and I want everything to be perfect. And plus August is already... never mind." I said before myself.