𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄

Coriolanus Snow was unrecognizable sitting on the train to District Twelve

He bid his family a goodbye before obeying his orders and strict time to appear at the Peacekeeper center. The woman who ran the front desk administered him to District Eight, the textile District. Using the last bit of money he had, he demanded she send him to Twelve. If he was damned to the Districts, he at least wanted it to be somewhere that a familiar face could be waiting for him. From there he was stripped of this Academy uniform, his only form of identity, as they sprayed him down with water hoses and shaved his beautiful golden hair. With final tests to ensure his health was up to code, he was immediately placed on the train to be sent far away from the only place he's ever known.

With a new buzzcut, Peacekeeper fatigues, and a sack of nothing but essentials that he was permitted to bring, Coriolanus sat at the window seat with Venus's letter in his hands.

He didn't bother to ponder how his life had hit such a low. His actions put him in this position, the same actions that politicians take and are rewarded handsomely for their cheating, but nonetheless there was nothing that could be done about his current situation.

He quickly got bored of watching the greenery pass and turned his attention elsewhere. His fingers fiddled with the ribbon wrapped around the letter, careful not to let it fall to the ground or to lose it as this was his last remaining piece of Venus. He unfolded the letter, eyes glued to the swirls of her handwriting on the page.

Dearest Coryo,

As I write this you are sleeping soundly behind me, so at peace after the hellish traumas we've endured this week together. As I look at you, I realize that peace is all that I want for you in this lifetime and the next. Letting you go brings me no ease, even more so than when I believed I would be leaving you alone in this world. I blame myself for all of this turmoil you've brought upon yourself. Love is difficult and confusing, but, it is one of the most special emotions that can be shared with someone. I'm very pleased that we were able to share that together.

You told me not to wait for you, and for that I will obey your wishes and I urge you to do the same. Wherever you end up in life, you deserve an ounce of happiness with someone who can bring you peace, even if it is not me. I'm not sure what my destiny has outlined for me anymore, but, I know I will be in a position of power. At the first opportunity I am granted, I will stop at nothing to bring you home to your rightful placewith me.

Remain strong, remember you are a Snow.

All my love,
Your Nessie

The letter brought him no comfort, it indeed made him feel worse about the hand life had dealt him. Was any of this worth it? Even if Lucy Gray was in District Twelve, he was unsure if he felt the same about her as he did before she entered the Arena. Here he would be under her rules and on her land. No woman would ever measure up to Venus in his eyes. If he could not be with her, he saw no use in still breathing.