𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄

The morning was supposed to provide a fresh start to Venus's day, but, all she could think about was the night prior

Just when she believed she was free, able to live in her truth, the weight of the world on her shoulders seemed to double in size. Her body and mind refused rest, thoughts racing about Coriolanus and what he went through in his brief time in the Arena. She knew he was hiding something, probably his way of trying to be strong for her, like she was a damsel in distress when she's been taking care of herself just fine for the last few years of her life.

She had no way of getting in contact with him, it was late in the evening when she returned home and disturbing Tigris and his Grandma'am did not seem respectful. Venus was troubled to know that Coryo was alone with Gaul, however, she knew he could handle the matter on his own...probably better than she could, considering he appeared to be Gaul's favorite pupil. She knew if she continued to think about him that she would worry herself to an even more premature death.

Her thoughts shifted to Sejanus. Hoping that while he was facing his Father's wrath that he would understand it was coming from a good place in this particular situation. He put himself in danger to make a point, to appease rebels that would never put their lives on the line for him. He wanted to be a martyr to the people that tried to kill her. Normally, she understood his mindset with these things but this one instance she could not support and that alarmed her.

Was he going too far left in being helpful to the Districts that he was losing sight of the bigger picture? Or was she growing out of her childish ways and seeing the world for how hellish it truly is?

Somewhere around three in the morning did she finally pass out from exhaustion, garnering three short hours of sleep before she was awakened to prepare for the day. The Games had fallen short on her mental list of worries, her entrance to the Academy returning the spectacle back to number one. She had a bad feeling about the day, the energy around her was off and not due to the events of the night before.

Taking a deep breath, she entered the madness that was Heavensbee Hall. Cameras and microphones thrusted in her direction from Capitol News and other journalistic outlets that she ignored. She wanted to be prideful, not arrogant, that Dill had made it to the next day with little complications. Through her lashes, she searched the room for him, looking for any sign that he was okay.

"....Bobbin from District Eight, slaughtered." The annoying voice of Lucky Flickerman filled the Hall, Venus only catching the tail end of his morning announcement. "Which one of these beasts slayed Bobbin from District Eight?"

Coriolanus weaved through the crowd, guiding Tigris to her seat at the front row with other elite members of society who desired to watch the Games. He spotted Venus, mere feet ahead of him, and excused himself from his cousin. With quickness in his stride, he gently placed his hand at the small of Venus's back. Her head snapping in his direction and features softening when she realized it was him. His touch was the only thing they could do in a public setting like this without alarming anyone that they were together.