𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍

As the finest secondary school in the Capitol, the Academy educated the offspring of the prominent, wealthy, and influential

As the finest secondary school in the Capitol, the Academy educated the offspring of the prominent, wealthy, and influential. With over four hundred students in each class, it had been possible for Tigris and Coriolanus, given their family's long history at the school, to gain acceptance without much difficulty.

Faculty and staff adored Coriolanus, wether it was for his charms and good looks or out of mere respect for his father, Crassus Snow, who spent his last moments on this Earth fighting for the freedoms of the Capitol. He knew these connections would lay the foundation he needed for his future.

However, his wits and admirable attitude only got Coryo so far with Venus Hummingstill.

The inflexible girl only tolerating him and his presence in her life simply because she would be free of him soon. She's always seen the blonde boy as a pest. His superiority complex laid on thickly like a blanket of arrogance. He never wanted to work hard for anything of quality, he simply expected it be given to him for who he was.

She saw clearly through the act she invented. Inside he was a scared, nervous boy who was forced to become a man prematurely.

They were one in the same, too sides of the same coin and Venus despised the idea.

The two have clashed the entirety of their academic careers, running within the same elitist circles not being enough to squash the rivalry. While Venus and Coriolanus were not the fondest of each other, they did hold a sense of respect between them. Thinly veiled behind witty insults and passive aggression.

"Dear Nessie," Coriolanus gleamed, eyeing his peer as he took in her appearance. Her dress was new, he could tell it was tailored to her new womanly curves gained throughout the academic year. Cinched in at her waist and flowing down her hips tastefully, not enough to garner attention unless one was looking. He suddenly felt even more self conscious of his dress shirt that Tigris managed to bring back to life. Standing next to Venus, he paled in comparison to her beauty and elegance. "you look so ... mature."

Venus mentally cringed at the nickname, next to no one called her that since they were kids, it felt juvenile. "Oh, don't fret. You'll be an adult too one day, Coryo. Just keep working at it." She laughed. Slapping on a fake smile and banishing any thoughts of Gaul's conversation to the trenches of her mind. "Hold any excitement for Reaping Day?" She pressed, glancing up at his blue eyes. Even in heels he seemed to tower over her, trying but failing at asserting dominance.

"An appropriate amount, yes." He nods. "And you? Normally these ceremonies do not incite such care from you."

Running her tongue across her teeth, she places her arms behind her back and fidgets with them. "It's interesting how quickly my mood changes when I find inspiration." She answers vaguely. How inspired I am not to die at Gaul's hand.

"In that case, the Games should be interesting this year. One last test of who truly is the best between us." Coriolanus extended an elbow in her direction, tilting his head to the side as he bent down a bit to level with her. "May I escort you? Our last few moments together before we are adversaries?"