Prologue

1-2 years before...

POV: Wally

Wally sat in his office. He was doing his paperwork. The room was silent all Wally could hear was the quiet humming of the grinders running. Wally leaned back in his chair, his feet up on his desk. Wally then heard a knock on the door. His eyes colden as he looks at the door.

"Come in." He says in a cold voice, looking back down at the paperwork.

Then his office door opens and one of his employees walks in.

"Sir.. your assistant is unconscious." The employee says.

Wally looks up at the employee.

"Did you call Dr. John to help them? It's not that difficult." He says coldly.

"We.. I mean I did.. but.. um.. Dr. John says that he needs you in the infirmary." The employee says, shifting their body.

Wally puts down his paperwork, signing in frustration and puts his feet down.

"Fine. I will be there shortly. Tell John that this better be important." Wally said, putting on his lab coat and walking out of his office.

Wally walks to the infirmary and hears employees whispering about his assistant just passing out of the floor. Which started to concern Wally. His assistant wouldn't just randomly pass out. Maybe they were dehydrated or something. Wally thought. The more whispering Wally heard the faster his pace was.

He got to the infirmary and burst through the door.

"Where is my assistant?!" Wally asked, frantically looking around the infirmary waiting room.

Then a nurse walked over to him.

"I'm going to need you to follow me sir." said the nurse, calmly.

Wally followed the nurse to a hospital room. He walked inside and saw his assistant, motionless laying on the bed. Wally glanced at the monitor beside them. Flat line. Wally turned to a nearby doctor.

"Why aren't you guys doing anything?! Help them goodness sakes!" Wally angrily exclaimed running up to the body.

Wally took his assistant's hand. It was cold, colder than it normally was. He held their hand for a bit before letting it go and stepping away from the body.

The doctor stayed silent for a bit. Which caused Wally's anger to rise.After a few more silent minutes, the doctor then spoke up.

"We've tried everything sir. We can't help them anymore. What should we do with the body?" They ask.

Wally looked at the body again and then at the doctor, his fists balled up in frustration. After a few moments he finally spoke up.

"Preserve it. Put them in the freezer. Make sure that no one and I mean NO ONE! Can get them. Understood." Wally ordered.

The doctor nodded his head and started to prepare the body for movement. Wally stared at the body until he couldn't anymore. He then left and walked back to his office. His own assistant was now dead. Even though they seemed to be fine yesterday.

Wally sighed as he sat in his chair, taking the paperwork and reading it again.

"Why is everything going wrong?" Wally asks himself.