丅Hᗴ IᑎS丅Ꭵᑎᑕ丅

She looked around the room again, spotting a ventilation shaft in the ceiling. She quickly grabbed a nearby chair, climbing on it to investigate.

The vent was big enough for a person and would likely lead somewhere further in that direction. But Y/n wasn't tall enough to reach it.

"Ann, least you could do is give me a hand with this," Y/n called, motioning towards the chair. Ann seemed to give somewhat of a nod, bringing another chair over.

Y/n climbed up first, testing each step cautiously. It wasn't the most structually sound ladder, but it worked. The vent cover was hot to the touch, but she pushed through, managing to pry it open.

"What? Wait, we're going in there?" Ann spoke up, "it's boiling, we'll be burned."

"We don't have another choice, I already looked out the windows, there too much of a gap between this floor and the next, even if we were able to string bedding together and make a rope, there's nothing to hoist it up onto. Plus, there's nothing on the side of the building that we can use to grab onto." She explained quickly.

She panted, taking her black jacket off and putting it over her arms so that the hot metal of the vent didn't burn her so much. "The only hope we have is the stairs on the other side of the building. This vent is our only option!"

Ann seemed to look her up and down with a look that could only be explained as a mix of intrigue and suspicion.

"Are you coming or not!?" She shouted down to her with an extended hand to pull her up.

Ann's hand grasped her own. "If it's our only shot, I'm in." Y/n pulled her up and to the entrance of the vent.

"Get ready to climb, Ann," Y/n instructed as she hoisted herself into the vent. Ann followed suit, following behind Y/n as she crawled through the vents.

As they got further into the system. Y/n could hear the distant sounds of the fire below. The building was crumbling. The fact that the floors above the fire hadn't collapsed made y/n even more certain that the building was modified to host this game.

The heat was getting worse, but at least they were above the flames and not in them for now. Moving quickly, they reached an opening that led down into another room.

"This must be it," Y/n muttered as she dropped down into a dimly lit room. But as she started to move, the floor seemed to drop suddenly.

Ann was about to drop down, but Y/n quickly stopped her. "Dont! Ann, stay there!"

Y/n slid her foot across the stone floor, but as she shifted her weight, the floor crumbled more, dropping into the middle, where the both of them could see the fire had engulfed the lower level below them.

Y/n screamed a small bit as she almost fell into the middle. She grabbed a handle, pulling herself up to the edge of the room.

That's when she noticed. "Of course! Ann, the outside of the room has more strength, so it's less likely to break under our weight! Look, we just need to get around to there. " She gestured towards the metal door on the far side of the room.

Just as she finished, the floor gave way, crumbling down inwards, as the middle of the room became a sea of flames, reaching up from the floor below.

The vent started to heat up more as it started to creak, evidently going to fall soon. She thought for a minute. "I know this sounds crazy, but you need to jump."

"What do you mean, I'll drop right into the fire." She reasoned.

"You won't, I promise! If you stay up there, the vent will give way, and you'll die! Listen to me, when you drop, I need you to outstretch your hand towards me. You caught me, now it's my turn to catch you! Alright! Don't think about it too much, just do it!"