丅ᕼᗴ ᑕᗩSINᗝ

As I neared the dingy entrance, there she was, leaning with her back against the wall, head held high, with a cigarette in her mouth.

"Well, you got here fast, didn't you Kuina?" I walked up beside her, picking the cigarette from her mouth and putting it out, chuckling it in one of the many bins in the alley.

She looked jokingly offended and scoffed. "Actually, I was already here when you called." She seemed to smirk.

"Of course you were," laughing we walked inside, getting small nods of recognition from the few people we passed on our way in, walking down the stairwell, leading below the old factory on the surface.

I pushed open the large metal door, revealing the half pub - half casino, with slot machines and pool tables set up, but also a corner full of cheap old arcade games. A peculiar mix.

"Ello buttercup, I thought it had been a long time since you showed your face round here. You're not here to take my number 1 darts spot again, are ya? I had to come in every day for almost a month to get the sweet baby back!" Rick laughed.

Rick was a nice biker-man in his late 40's, slicked-back white hair, a thick beard and a knack for doing things "for shits and giggles", he actually owned the whole casino, used to be an underground garage. He'd offered to lend me money on multiple occasions, but I had always refused, saying that I would work for my earn.

"Not quite Rick," I laughed with him. "Just here to let off some steam."

I watched as Kuina went off towards the bar, her usual spot. Finding it fun enough to just sit and observe. She had always said she was too slow-witted to actually participate, but she still enjoyed watching.

"Well, if you're here for some laughs, you came at the perfect time buttercup. We've got some visitors," he gestured over to a roulette table in the far corner where, just behind, some distinguished gentlemen seemed to be playing poker.

"They're new, so they haven't heard of you yet. Wanna go beat em up and take their money?"

I laughed at his wording. "Stop wording it like that. It sounds bad!"

"Alright, alright, sure, kid. so whatdya say, wanna go kick some rich behind? How about this? i'll even be your dealer, I most definitely have to see this!"

I sighed before finally giving in, "Okay, why not."

Rick seemed to smirk at the thought before leading me over to their table and introducing the bunch. There was quite obviously a ring-leader sat in the middle, playing against another unlucky man who had sadly just lost about 350000 ¥.

His head hung low, he silently walked away from the table to make room for Rick and myself. Once the group's gaze was moved, they seemed to look me up and down before giving one another a knowing glance.

"Hey, James, fancy a round with my old friend. I'll even be the dealer, courtesy of me." Rick offered.

"This little girl? are you sure she doesn't want to play go fish?" He looked back towards his friends to check that they found it amusing before laughing himself.

I could speak up and prove him wrong, but things like this always go so much more fun when they underestimate you. And, like Kuina, I have to admit... I love to see the look in their eyes when they inevitably realise that they've fucked up.

"Oh, come on. You really think I would suggest someone who wasn't capable, give her a shot, won't you?" I could see the glint of excitement in his eyes that contrasted the pleading look on his face.

"Well, I suppose there's nothing to lose, am I right, boys?" He once again looked back at his "boys" before turning to me. "So, sweetheart, what will we be playing?"

I decided to play into his ideals, placing an innocent and naïve look on my face. "Umm, what was that game, the one you were playing before, hmm?" I looked up at him and tilted my head.

He looked back to his friends "aww look at this one. She doesn't even know what poker is." He smirked before turning his attention back to me. "Darling, I think it might be a bit too skilled for you. Do you not want to play another card game, maybe... blackjack?"

"No~" I sighed. "I wanna play that one."

As he looked back to his friends, snickering. I looked across to Rick, who knew exactly what I was doing. He had seen me play poker before, I mean, if the prats had decided to ask for my name, they would have realised it matches up with the one that was written in chalk on the blackboard, hung on the wall.

"What do you say boys, we show her the ropes now, and I just might have her in ropes later tonight." He laughed. Fucking Dirty Prick.

"Alright, darling, there are different types of poker. Let's go with the easiest, five-card-draw. Alrighty sweetie, here are the rules..."

⁺˚*•✩•*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•═┈∘*◦○◦*∘┈═•*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩•*˚⁺

~ 864 Words.