丅ᕼᗴ ᗪƳᔕTOᑭᎥᗩ

Looking down the abandoned streets that the arrow beckoned her to venture, illuminated only by the flickering lights of strange screens scattered throughout the eerie landscape. Each screen displayed a single arrow, pointing towards a distant location - a venue, it seemed. She could go home, or she could follow.

With a mix of curiosity and trepidation, Y/n decided to follow the arrows. Cautiously following until she was presented with a large supermarket, towering above her. She knew the place. She had walked past it many times on her way to and from work. In fact, she had seen it that same morning. But it was very different from how she had remembered it, as it seemed to be in ruins.

The windows had been smashed in, and it had some vary of ivy clawing up the side, the rusted metal frame, and a partially collapsed roof. But it wasn't just the state of the building that intrigued her. Above the venue, a much larger screen displayed three intriguing phrases:

𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚘𝚘𝚗...

Questions swirled in her mind, but there was little time for answers as the timer below the message ticked down. She quickly decided that there was no point in waiting for it to reach zero.

As she was about to walk inside the building, suddenly bright red lasers appeared over the door, and the message disappeared, being replaced with:

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐

It only took a few mere seconds before a spine chilling, agonizing scream pierced the air. A haunting echo that lingered long after it had ceased.

She froze. Was that really what she thought it was.

"What the hell." She thought to herself as she carefully backed away from the door. Glass cracking underfoot.

She looked to the side, to the TV's. Where the arrows once were now stood a standby screen.

She looked back to the door, specifically the strange red lines buzzing in front of it. Walking closer, she grasped a rock from underfoot in her hand, tossing it into the second line from the top, the rock split, bouncing of the door and rattling to the floor.

It was only a few seconds of "standby" until the TV's spring to life again, with another arrow and the same previous message.

She decided this time to ignore it. Just go home. Just figure out what the hell was going on.

She continued to her apartment building, getting her phone out of her pocket and going to call Kuina, but it wouldn't even turn on.

"Must've forgotten to charge it last night." She spoke in a hushed voice. There was something unsettling about everything that was happening.

Up the overgrown stairs and down the hall to her room. The moist smell of damp carpet that wasn't there that morning. Same as the graffiti and the tears in the wallpaper.

She stood alone in front of her rotting wooden door. She noticed how it barely stood on its own hinges, a small sliver of darkness between the door and the doorframe as the door was etched open.

lightly, she pushed it open, causing a loud, unpleasant creak to ring through the silence.

The room was raided. Her clothes ripped and left dotted around. Her fridge was empty, and her desk was broken and left in a heap in the corner. It was a mess.

She knelt down, reaching under the bed to find the little box labelled "for dad", it had no lid, so whoever had been there had obviously looked at it... yet, it was still there, untouched.

They had taken her paper, her clothes, her books and yet left the money?

She pocketed it and got up, leaving the room as quickly as she had entered, and walked back down the hallways to the stairs.

But as she did, she noticed the rest of the old wooden doors, slightly adjar and worn with age. She lightly pushed the rotting doors open as she passed by.

The lightest push made them swing open without hesitation. The doors opened to reveal the familiar sight. They were all in the exact same state as her own. Left broken and wrecked.

She exited the apartment building, zipping up her black hoodie as the night got colder. She could feel the lone breeze.

She stayed silent, listening out for any sound. Not even daring to breathe, but there was nothing. No birds, no people, no cars, no music... nothing.

There was only one thing she could do now. Follow the arrows.

⁺˚*•✩•*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•═┈∘*◦○◦*∘┈═•*˚⁺‧⁺˚*•✩•*˚⁺

~ 756 Words.