Chapter 4 - Game On Noah Anderson. Game On.

It was the day of Catie's party and I still hadn't bought her a present. After what happened yesterday I really didn't want to do anything.

I don't know where my mom went after the fight. She just ran off somewhere, but I assume she needed some cooling down like I did.

I eventually decided I needed to go out since I'd have to be at her house in 5 hours, at 5 pm.

I had no idea what to buy her. A book? A purse? Shoes? I had only known her for around a week.
Then I saw it. The most beautiful necklace I had ever seen.

Of course it was incredibly expensive, but it was beautiful and it was definitely something she'd love.

It hung down by 1 thin silver chain with a small silver heart in the middle with diamonds surrounding the outside lining of the heart. I couldn't say no to that.

$259.99?

I didn't have that money and with the conversation my parents had yesterday, they probably didn't either.

I had no idea what I could do. Then it came to me.

I could use my credit card and then just get a job!

It was perfect.

Besides football and homework I didn't have much going on anyways.

"Hello would you like something?" The woman at the register snorted.

"I want that." I pointed to the necklace.

"Hun. Are you sure you can afford this?" She said again but in an even snottier way.

I really didn't want to fight so I just handed the lady the card so I could leave.

"Look honey, I don't want you spending your money on a necklace and not being able to go to college-"

"Oh like you?" I started to get very annoyed.

She was about to say something back but another lady stopped her before she could,

"Karen! I told you to unpack the rest of the necklaces and put them up for display! You are not allowed to speak with customers! Why haven't I fired you already... Oh sorry sweetie let me see your card."

She scanned it.

"Ok all set!" She said happily.
I smiled.

Thank god that was over.
________________________

I started to get ready for the party since it was already 4.

I put on my swimsuit and some sandals.

I didn't have a cover up so I just decided to wear a tee shirt and Nike shorts over my suit. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and finally decided to wrap the gift.

I don't think I've mentioned how bad at gift wrapping I really was.

The first time I tried to wrap the necklace box, it ended up looking like something a dog would throw up.

Finally after 6 tries I gave up and put it in a gift bag with tissue paper. Good enough, right?

Finally I got there.

I imagined her party like a little get together birthday thing with me, her, Mark, maybe Kale, Lyla, and maybe some of her cheer friends.

Boy was I wrong.

Practically the whole school was there. I searched around for
Catie, but I couldn't find he anywhere. Just as I was about to text her asking where she was somebody bumped into me.