Chapter 5 - Bitches and Football Games

It was game day and I finally could be fully committed.

My doctor told me that I could finally use my hand, I just had to be careful and sensitive... That wasn't going to happen.

Not that I even ever used my hand... You know... Since I was a kicker, but I wanted to make a different position next year (preferably quarterback) so I still had to practice with my hand.

The football team wore their jerseys on game day. I was #12.

By now I was used to the stares from other girls and the constant whispering about me.

Right then Heather Olson felt the need to come up to me and interrupt my beautiful thoughts.

"Tell Noah I said good luck." She flashed a fake smile. She knew I hated him.

Everyone did.

She always tried her best to get on my nerves and I'll admit sometimes it worked. Scratch that, every time it worked.

"Oh sure Heather," I gave her a fake smile back, "Do you think you could talk to the cheer coach and ask her why you got to be cheer captain instead of Catie."

She growled, "bitch."

"Whore."

"Cat fighhht!!" Some random person yelled in the background and I rolled my eyes. Wow, I did that a lot.

"Noah is mine! You're never going to get him!" Heather snorted.

"Thank the lord!" I kneeled down and put my hands in the air as if I was reaching out to God.

"I know you like him. That's why you're so mean to him. I know how this stuff works."

"Good for you, but trust me he's all yours. Ya know... you two are exactly the same. Both of you are annoying as hell and you both get on my nerves. You were made for each other."

"You're right, we are," She nodded, "I'm just telling you to stay away or you're really gonna get it."

She flipped her bright red satanic hair in my face.

She'll pay for that.
________________________

It was 4th period, which was football practice for me.

We did this drill where there would be two lines each on opposite sides of the field.

Two people would run to the other side. One person had the football while the other had nothing.

When they met in the middle they'd pass the ball and keep running.
Once both players reached the other side, it would repeat with two new players.

I was third in line when the ball was passed to me. I sprinted as fast as I could.
When I finally got to the middle of the field I looked up to pass the ball to whoever had been on the other side.
Just my luck.

It was Noah.

Life must hate me.

I quickly passed the ball before it was too late.

And guess what? That damn boy didn't even catch it.

He was supposed to pick it up and keep running but no. He just had to stand there throwing a fit like a baby.

"What the hell Julia?! Is that what you call a throw?"

"I sure hope that's not what YOU call a CATCH, seeing that you didn't even CATCH it!"

GAME ONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें