Chapter 12- Js a filler episode

2 weeks later:
Brackets are in Haitian creole
Edane's POV:
I was walking with my brother in the kitchen.
"They are moving me just a few hours away. Its not that bad."
I stopped in my heels and looked at him.
Lucio said as something that belongs to them must always look presentable and pretty. Which was why I was wearing them at 9am in the morning.
After that, I couldn't even leave the office without telling them about my whereabouts, I am even starting to think that they have a tracking device on me.
Everything is so peaceful. Too peaceful. Even leftie and comrade are chill and speak to me as if we are friends. Even the animals have came closer to the house like the birds and the deer. It's suspicious.

"(Have you noticed how quiet and peaceful it is.)"
Edane whispered to Pierre.
"(yes but is it not nice?)"
his voice hinting with confusion.
"(This is where a mafia boss and his wife lives, it should never be peaceful.)"
Pierre nodded his head since he understood what she was talking about.
They hugged and kissed each other cheek for them to go their separate ways.
Pierre to his post to look after the compound and Edane back to the office. Where they spend their days doing nothing and rotting away.
3 Hours later-
Edane sighed as she twirled a strand of her braids on her index finger. Lucio gave her paperwork to do because god forbid she would stay here for free also including her 'extra duties.'
It was a letter she had to write to ask for planning permission from the city council. They wanted to build more apartments and warehouses so businesses and people could thrive. The increase of warehouses meant more stuff they could store like guns and weapons and cars and hostages. More better housing means better places for the blind sheep of the mafia to stay before they die for the most useless cause.
She rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time and started yapping in writing on the sheet. She then converted it to her laptop which they so generously gifted her with a tracking device as a little accessory. She sent the email to Lucio for confirmation with a click on her keyboard.
She checked her watch for the time. It was almost for her nail appointment. She had to look presentable so every two weeks her nail design changed, she never chose them as well. She rose up from her chair and lazily started making her way to the nail salon in the compound. Her face was droopy and her eyes looked heavy. Not from exhaustion but from sadness. She met the matron on the way.
The matron was a older lady with smile lines prevalent on her cheeks. Her skin had a natural tan and her eyes had a misleading and mischievous glint.
It was a very fooling act. The smile lines showed her to be a happy lady who valued and enjoyed like but this was far from the truth. She had a bitter and cold soul and didn't mind taking out her bitterness on other people. In fact she lived for it.
"Escaping yet again." She sneered at Edane making her stop in her steps.
"Nope off to make them proud." Edane sighed hitting the harsh lady with a warm smile similar to that of the sun's.
Before The matron could respond, Edane had already left and entered the salon.
Long story short, she left her gagged.

Edane's POV:

"There all done." the nail technician smiled at me as if her family wasn't right below her with guns pointed at their heads. According to Lucio she owned him a lot of money because she was buying a lot of weed and meth. She was going through a rough patch. He wanted to demand her for money or torture her until one of her family members paid them the money. But then Carmen had a brilliant idea of exploiting her for work. The money she makes working for them can go to paying her debt. Which sounds nice until you realise she has to sleep on the street with no money for food and the thought of her parents head decapitated, their blood splattered on the walls. Her mother's organs being harvested and cooked for it to be force fed to her brother and then pouring acid down his throat. His screams gurgling with the acid burning through his throat.
I slid a plastic container of coconut rice that me and my brother made earlier in the kitchen with fresh girot( fried pork) and spicy pikliz( shredded cabbage, carrots and bit of onion with lemon juice and scotch bonnet pepper)
.She loved the food. She was scoffing it down as if she hadn't had a meal in days. In all fairness she hadn't.
"You are very lucky, she never lets me try any."
I felt my back straighten and the homeless girl quickly gulped down the meat she was chewing.
She cleared her throat and started clearing up the equipment.
"You are never home to try them, so she's like my little testing rat." I laughed nervously, a sweat bead from my pores trickled down my forehead to my chin.
He was about to say something reaching for his belt so I interrupted him and showcased my nails.
"Look since you are home, what do you think about my nails."
He hummed thinking carefully for his response,
"I think they look lovely on you and I sure Carmen would agree."
I smiled and gestured for the poor lady sitting in front of me to keep eating.
"Do you not like it, is that why you've stopped eating." I asked her.
"Oh no no, it is absolutely delish." She chuckled sheepishly and kept eating the food carefully.

Lucio just grinned.
"You are very lucky, if it weren't for Edane your mother's organs would have already been harvested for you to devour."
He left the room with heavy tension. I clicked my teeth knowing that I would have to start sneaking out food so she could eat.
The lady stopped eating and was clearing up her things getting ready to go.
I saw her out of the door, with her bag filled with containers and some money to stay in a cheap hostel for about a week. I closed the door and turned around to see a maid standing behind me.
"They have requested for you to be in their bedroom." She bowed and scurried away.
I sighed knowing I wasn't in the mood to do anything but sleep or maybe get drunk or high.
I dragged my heels to their room, the carpet under my feet crumpling.
I opened the door, too unbothered to knock.
I dragged my body to the wardrobe and flung my clothes off til I was striped to my underwear. I threw my body on the bed, my head hitting the soft touch of the silk pillow and my eyes shut.

SO SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE.
I litch have no excuse
anyways don't forget to vote and comment 🥰