Chapter 12. Study groop. Second try

****

Pov: Kiyotaka

I came to class today, and I noticed that Horikita was acting a little differently.

When the break between classes came, Horikita wanted to discuss something with me.

- Ayanokoji-kun we need to talk.

- We? Maybe you need that? - I decided to press her.

- ... - she remained silent.

Getting up from my chair, I was about to go to the cafeteria. Suddenly.

- I...need to talk to you. - she changed her tone, and I was surprised by it (no).

- Okay, then we'll talk in the cafeteria, let's go.

We took a table in the cafeteria and she decided to start the conversation.

- I... decided to organise a study group again.

- Hmm? Why would you do that? - I asked her.

- It's just to achieve an A grade.

Then, we decided to ask Kushida again, to gather Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudo. Luckily Horikita was able to not screw up this time.

****

- Horikita, what are you doing for lunch?

- Well...

- Ayanokoji-kun, do you want to have lunch together? I don't have any other plans for today! - Koushida was suddenly beside me.

- Oh, sure! Why don't you join Kushida and me?

- I apologise, but I already have plans, so I'll see you later! - Rising quickly, she walked out of the classroom.

- I'm sorry, Ayanokoji-kun, am I... interrupting?

- No, no, it's fine.

Kushida looked after Horikita and waved her hand.

It was planned. After I learnt Kushida's secret she became wary of me. She said she believed me, but she was clearly worried about the possibility of me blabbing to someone?

Eventually, we went to a cafe for lunch. The amount of girls there was staggering.

- What's the big deal? So many girls.

Over 80 percent of the student body.

- Guys don't usually eat here.

There were a lot of dishes like pasta and pancakes on the menu that girls might like, but athletes like Sudo would find the portions too small.

Of the guys, there were only riaju and playboys. They sat with their girlfriends or in whole groups of girls.

- I think we'd better go back to the dining room. I'm not comfortable.

- You'll get used to it. You know, Koenji-kun comes here every day. Look, he's over there! - Kushida pointed to a long table.

I saw Koenji surrounded on all sides by girls and with him was... Tsuneo-san. Koenji was acting cocky like he always does, and Tsuneo-san was just looking at his phone and drinking his coffee.

I don't think I've ever seen him (Koenji) during lunch. Is that where he's been?

- And he's popular. Those girls are all third year students.

Kushida looked surprised too. I managed to hear some of the phrases of Koenji's conversation with the sempai.

- Koenji-kun, say "Ah-ah-ah."