Chapter 8. Barista of Cafe Pallet

****

Pov: Tsuneo

A few days ago, I got a part-time job at Pallet Cafe as a barista and waiter at the same time. I had a floating schedule, and the salary of 10,000 PPt a week suited me just fine.

'Just like the good old days,' I thought.

(Flashback)

- Tsuneo, a customer ordered a cocktail "screwdriver".

- Hai-Hai.

(Flashback off)

Okay. Let's get to work. This month, there were a lot of visitors. Seniors, freshmen, I was surprised to see Tachibana-sempai, but she was alone.

- Kyosei-kun, a customer ordered one iced coffee and a double espresso to go.

- The order is accepted. - I said, and got to work.

In some cases, I was a perfectionist. So, I tried to make the coffee perfect.

After the order was ready, I went to take it to the customer.

- One iced coffee and an espresso to go. - I brought the order to the table, and the person who ordered was Tachibana-sempai.

- Huh? Kyosei-kun? Hi. I didn't know you worked here.

- Hello, sir. I work here part-time. By the way, here's your order. - I handed her a coffee.

- Thank you.

- By the way, is that double espresso for the student council president?

- Yeah. The president hasn't been out of the office lately because of all the paperwork.

- Well, I'm gonna head back. If you need anything, I'm always at your service, sir.

She waved goodbye and left. As I walked back in, one of the waitresses approached me.

- Hoo. Did our barista find a girlfriend?

- No. She's not my girlfriend. - I said, "All the more reason to go to work.

- Hmph. You're so boring.

"And you're stupid," I thought.

(Timeskip)

During all this time. Some of the older girls came up to me and left me their phone numbers.

I didn't really care about them. So I burned those notes, 12 of them.

"Why, everything is getting absurd," I thought.

Then, I noticed Kiyo-bro talking to Kushida. Interesting...

I made a regular coffee and a cappuccino. I told the manager to put them on my tab, and he agreed.

- Hey, Kiyotaka-han. - I said, placing the order on the table.