Chapter 4. School Life I. Lunch time

****

Pov: Ayanokoji Kiyotaka

By the time I reached the dormitory that was to be my home for the next three years, it was already one o'clock in the afternoon. After being given the key to room 401 and a flyer with the necessary information by the duty officer on the ground floor, I headed for the lift. The flyer included the times and days of rubbish pickup, as well as a warning not to make noise. It also asked to conserve water and electricity whenever possible.

So there are no strict limits on electricity use. I assumed that points would be automatically deducted, including for energy use. The school has gone pretty far in taking care of the students.

I was surprised that they have shared dormitories for guys and girls. That's odd for a place where relationships between students, sexually speaking, are forbidden. Of course it is. It's hard to believe that students make excellent leaders in such a relaxed atmosphere, but we'd better make the most of what we're given.

The room I've been given is about eight tatami1 tatami is 2 square metres. I should call it home now. I have never had to live completely alone before. Besides, I'll have no contact with the outside world until I graduate.

I let myself smile.

(A/N That's what happened in the LN. I was a surprised when I read the original LN.)

I made my first friends Kyo-san and Manabe-san. Maybe even Horikita, but... we're more like acquaintances or desk mates.

This school has the highest percentage of employed students, and boasts facilities that rival the best schools in Japan. But none of that matters to me. I have another reason for choosing it. In high school, I was forbidden to socialise with my friends, family and other students.

That's why I chose this school. I'm free here. Freedom! "Freedom" in English and "Liberté" in French. Isn't freedom amazing? I have the right to eat, sleep and have fun whenever I want. And no one tells me I can live my life until I graduate.

To be honest, initially the results of the entrance exam meant nothing to me. Between "passed" and "failed" is not a big difference. However, when the answer came back, I was genuinely glad that I got in.

No one would judge me and my actions anymore. I could change... no, start from scratch. A new beginning is a new life! Anyway, I'm going to enjoy the life of an apprentice to the fullest.

Without taking off my uniform, I collapsed on the bed. No, I wasn't tired, I was just trying to calm my excitement after thinking about the future of my school life.

****

Pov: Kyosei Tsuneo

Achoo! Is someone remembering me? It's not like that right now.

I didn't think Sudo-han's temper could be useful. Thanks to her, I got a total of points from these sophomores: 2,092,870 PPt.

Not bad overall, with this amount of points I can study in school without worrying about the amount of personal allowance. But... I think it's best not to stop there.

And that's why I'm here.

*♪ knock, knock, knock, knock ♪

- Come in. There was a voice on the other side of the door.

- Hello, I'm here to see Sakagami-sensei.

- Haa. You're here to see Kazu-kun? - A teacher asked with the appearance of a drunk teacher.

- He's out, I'll call him right away. - said a woman with her hair tied back in a ponytail.

- Arigato - I thanked her and bowed.