💌 ― LETTER # 5

February 2014
Kvet, Casablanca

Dearest Aline,

The town is surrounded by hearts. Confectioneries are stacking up under my name and my mailbox is suffering from an avalanche of letters; none of them piqued my interest. Deep inside, I was hoping yours got lost in between... or a dark chocolate candy from anyone would have at least sufficed.

It has been three hundred and eight days. I don't think I'm losing count anytime soon. Even if you choose to break your silence, I will still fiddle with my fingers and cross every number on the calendar. Point here is, I'm not waiting for your response. The mere thought of you being on the receiving end satiates my sanity alone.

Life, like always, is tough. There was trouble with the internship and a man called me incorrigible. Safe to say I was only doing my job, but part of my resumé didn't include me being a coffee specialist. I still got accepted either way, so it never really mattered whether I added too much sugar in his drink or succumbed to his baseless accusations that I replaced the jar with salt. The result will remain the same.

At this point, you may think I'm a mischievous one. Aren't we all? The only difference is I shared my experience. It would honestly be good blackmail material that will benefit you and I'm giving you free access to decide what to do with that information.

Take it as a token of my gratitude for offering me company the night we talked. My shenanigans would have tripled if not for you. I've always believed surpassing my brother isn't a farfetched dream — I can make it work if I wanted to.

But for the safety of everyone, I won't.

Yours truly,

Alexander