💌 ― LETTER # 3

November 2013
Kvet, Casablanca

Dearest Aline,

It's the spooky season. I hope you don't feel too spooked by the occurrences in your life. You told me you weren't a fan of horror movies and creepy things in general, so stay in while the kids are enjoying their costumes outside. Grab a treat or whatever they call it.

For this year's entry, my younger brother and I carved a face from the pumpkins my parents bought. It gave our sisters a scare indeed. The older one happened to offer profanities instead of sweets. I guess candies are overrated for a serious woman like her.

As for the youngest, well, I'll leave the mind's eye to you. She is one feisty spoiled brat that none of us can control. Rest assured, she can be nice... once she's asleep.

Phoebus — the eldest of all siblings — presented gifts for the children at the orphanage along with his wife. I don't recall the vocal adoration he has with kids, but it has been proven that love can change a person. In exchange for giving away the family heirloom, what he returned was the first four letters that would then continue our legacy. From there you can already tell my parentsʼ reaction.

This month may not be the last for the year, but it feels like we've celebrated Christmas ahead of time.

Yours truly,

Alexander

P.S. How did you like my storytelling? Was it able to distract you from a good scare?