Chapter 14

29th August 2022

A few weeks had passed since Leah and I had gone out for breakfast. I was preparing to go back to work and Leah was getting herself ready for her return to club football. Leah and I had spent quite some time together over this summer break and she was beginning to attend almost every netball match I played in. I was half way through my medium term planning for school when my phone went off.

Leah and I hadn't really spoken about where our relationship was heading and we most certainly hadn't told our families about one another

Leah and I hadn't really spoken about where our relationship was heading and we most certainly hadn't told our families about one another. Although she wasn't lying, it did upset me when Leah insisted to her mum that we were 'just friends'.  I decided that I should text Leah and give her the heads up about her mum and I meeting for a coffee.

  I decided that I should text Leah and give her the heads up about her mum and I meeting for a coffee

Leah's POV

When mum rang this morning I was excited that she wanted to pop over for lunch. I had also realised that it was about time I told mum about Bella. My logic was that if I spoke my feelings through with mum about Bella, I may understand them more myself and I can confess to Bella how I've been feeling. When Bella text to give me the heads up that she was meeting mum, I knew I had to tell her what I was going to talk to mum about. I didn't want Bella being bombarded with questions when mum and Bella met later on.

I heard mums car pull up on the drive, I opened the door and gave her a cuddle. Mum and I were sat eating lunch, it was now or never. I took a deep breath, nerves coursing through me as I fidgeted on the kitchen chair . "Mum, there's something I need to talk to you about," I began, as I played with the edge of my sleeve.

My mum looked up from her plate, a curious expression on her face. "Sure, sweetheart. What's on your mind?"

I hesitated for a moment before speaking. "I... I think I'm falling in love with someone, Mum. It's B."

My mums eyes widened slightly, surprised by the revelation. "Bella? Really?" she responded, setting aside what she was doing to give me her full attention.

"Yeah," I continued, my words cautious. "I didn't plan for this to happen, but it just did. She's amazing, mum, and I can't stop thinking about her."

She took a moment to absorb the information, her expression shifting from surprise to thoughtful consideration. "Love is a powerful and unexpected force sometimes," she finally said, her tone gentle. "Although Leah, I can't stay I'm surprised. She's a very lovely girl. I couldn't have picked anyone better myself.'

I smiled, relieved by my mum's understanding. "She's kind, caring, and incredibly passionate about everything she does. I love the way she sees the world, and being around her just makes me feel... alive."

Mum nodded, a supportive glint in her eyes. "Well, Leah, love knows no boundaries. If Bella makes you happy, that's what matters most. I'm here for you, and I trust that B will look after your heart."

My heart swelled with gratitude, I stood up and hugged her tightly. Opening up about my feelings had lifted a weight off my shoulders, and with having mum's support, I felt a newfound sense of acceptance and understanding for my own emotions.

A few hours later, mum had arranged to meet Bella at the café Bella and I had gone for our first 'date'. 

Amanda POV

After what Leah had told me about her and Bella this afternoon, I was excited to see Bella and to see how she was feeling.

I sat nervously at the quaint coffee shop, glancing at my watch as I waited for Bella. Thoughts raced through my mind, wondering how this meeting would unfold. I had learned about Leah's feelings for Bella, and now I wanted to understand more about how Bella felt about Leah.

As the door chimed, signaling Bella's arrival, I looked up to see a warm and friendly smile on the her face. Bella approached the table, her eyes meeting mine with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

"Hi, Amanda! How are you?" Bella greeted, pulling me into a cuddle. I smiled back, reciprocating the gesture. "B, it's so nice to see you darling. Thank you for meeting with me. How have you been? I thought it was important to meet the person who has become a significant part of Leah's life." I joked, wanting to break any tensions.

Bella took a seat, her expression slightly embarrassed at my joke. "Oh she told you about us then? Amanda, I just want you to know that I didn't mean to hide anything from you - we just wanted to see how things went. I can tell you though, Leah means a lot to me."

I exhaled, feeling a sense of relief that she felt the same as Leah. "So, tell me about your summer, Bella. What did you get up to, and how's school prep going?"

Bella shared stories about her summer, her bumping into Leah in Ibiza, and their late night dated. Bella filled me in on her school work and new class for September. As the conversation unfolded, I saw the sincerity in Bella's words and why Leah had such strong feelings for her.

"I want Leah to be happy, but I also am thrilled that she's got someone like you B. I really wouldn't want her with anyone else. I know her heart is safe with you" I admitted, a hint of vulnerability in my voice.

Bella nodded, understanding the reason why I had said this. "I care about Leah deeply, Amanda. I would never do anything that could hurt her or jeopardise our relationship. We're navigating this together, taking it one step at a time."

As the coffee cups emptied, I found myself appreciating Bella's honesty and the love she had for Leah. The meeting, initially was just a friendly catchup but, evolved into a connection based on shared concern for Leah's happiness.

As we parted ways, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief that they had found one another. The journey ahead might be uncharted, but having that chat with Bella had laid the foundations for a happy relationship and mutual feelings.

Bella POV

I had just left the café, after meeting Amanda and I must admit I'm relieved it went so well. I'm happy that Amanda approves of mine and Leah's relationship progressing. I've just got in the car and I decided to text Leah.

I smiled at Leah's text, I looked up and saw Amanda pulling out of her parking spot

I smiled at Leah's text, I looked up and saw Amanda pulling out of her parking spot. I gave her a cheesy smile and blew her a kiss, I then set off to Leah's. Planning in my head how I would confess my feelings towards her.