Chapter 5

'Isabella, my love! How are you?' My dad spoken, gently pulling me into a cuddle. I could smell the fragrant scent of Tom Ford aftershave.

'Hi pops!' I grinned whilst reciprocating the warm embrace of my father.

'Mums in the kitchen darling - I'm just finishing my last case for the day.' And with that dad quickly turned and headed back into his office.

Walking down the hall, I walked past photos of mum, dad and I from holidays and birthdays celebrating. I couldn't help but smile as I reminisced those memories. As I approached the kitchen, I could hear the faint sound of country music. Again, bringing me right back to my childhood.

'Hi mumma' I spoke softly, not wanting to startle her

'Hi mumma' I spoke softly, not wanting to startle her. Mum span around, the soft pink skirt of her Karen Millen vintage dress trailing behind her. Mum didn't say a word, she kissed my cheeks and cuddled into me.

'Sorry I've been so MIA lately mum, works manic at the end of the school year!' I pleaded whilst shooting her an apologetic look. 'Don't apologise lovely, you're here now!' Mum beamed across the room.

'Hugo, dinners ready!' Mum bellowed through the large oak hallway.

A few moments later, dad walked in. Both mum and I already sat at the table chatting amongst ourselves.

'This looks delicious sweetheart, thank you!' My dad said fussing over my mums cooking.

My mum simply blew a kiss back to him. I often look at what my mum and dad have, the house, the life, the child, the success and wonder if I'll ever get to experience that. There's always a voice in the back of my head telling me that as long as I find their happiness and love they share everything will work out. I just don't see that happening for me.

The love my parents share is one from a fairytale. Love that you don't think exists and if it does, it's truly hard to find and even harder to keep.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when mum asked 'Bella, update us then. What's been going on with you?' I looked at mum with a soft expression. I updated her on my weekend away in London and prep I've been doing for work. 'I'm going to the football at the weekend and then we're off to Ibiza in a couple of weeks!' I announced rather excitedly.

Mum and dad never asked me about my love life, who I was seeing, or about anyone who may have caught my attention. They simply just waited until I told them about that aspect of my life.

That's the one thing I love most about my parents, they never push into talking about anything. They push me academically and physically, always wanting me to be the best version of myself I can be. But mentally, they don't. They know me well enough to know that I don't hold back, if I feel something and I'm passionate about it, they will soon know about it.

They are the most loving, generous and down to earth parents I could've asked for. As a child, I never went without. I can honestly say that, I never 'wanted' for anything. However, my parents have always taught me to still be gracious, appreciative and respectful to anyone and everyone that I meet. Regardless of who they are and where they come from. Mum and dad have always taught me to work hard for what I have and to be proud of who I am. Everything I do is for them because without them, I simply wouldn't be the woman I am today. They are my absolute rocks.

—————————————————————
It's just turned 10.30pm and I'm getting myself ready for a busy day tomorrow.

As I step in the shower, letting the warm water was the day away, reflecting on how grateful I am to have such lovely people in my life.

I've just got out the shower and my phone to going off. I roll my eyes assuming that it's the girls and continue my bedtime routine.

I pick up my phone to see that's it's in fact the netball group chat. Someone had suggested going out at the weekend. Abby agreed as she wants to properly welcome Amanda and Holly. That idea is soon shut down when Amanda, Holly and I all have prior arrangements. Amanda and Holly were going into London and I was going to the Lionesses game (which I was NOT going to miss).
—————————————————————
30th July 2022

I had just got home from a pretty intensive gym class and still haven't packed for London yet. We are leaving this afternoon and I'm not ready.

I am just putting the last few things in my suitcase when there was a hammering at my front door. I rolled my eyes internally thanking myself for locking the door before my shower. I knew exactly who it was on the otherside of that door, besties 1&2.

As I got to the front door I could hear Nat screaming at me to hurry up. So, I did what any best friend would do and I pretend that I couldn't find my keys. After a couple more minutes, I opened the front door and in marched Natalie, closely followed by Em.

'What took you sooooo long?' Nat whined. 'Sorry mate - couldn't find my keys' I shrugged in response holding back a giggle. Em saw right through me - giving me major side eye. 'Right! Ready to go?' I questioned. Both girls nodded and we were on our way into London.

—————————————————————
31st July 2022

I really struggled to sleep last night - so at 6am I'm currently jogging around London city centre.

@bclarke21 added to her story!

I grabbed myself and the girls a coffee and headed back to our apartment

3pm

'Girls! We need to leave - we've got to get to the otherwise of London and I don't want to miss the warm up!' I snapped at my friends who were taking forever to get ready.

'B, relax! 2 more minutes.' Em replied putting her arm around my shoulders. I hugged, rolled my eyes and slumped myself on the sofa.

4pm

I am so excited to be here! Honestly, nothing could make my day any better. I don't know how the girls how managed it, but the seats we've got are insane. We are literally sat right beside the dugout.

'Oh my god! Quick here they come!' I squealed as the girls came running out to warm up. The stadium was already getting busy and it was hard to hear each other over the chanting of the fans.

'Drink anyone?' I asked my friends, all I got in response was 2 thumbs up. As I was running up the stairs, completely not looking at what I was doing. I bumped into someone 'oh wow - I was not looking where I was going!' I exclaimed. As I looked up I was met with the sight of Amanda and Holly. 'B, darling! I didn't know you were going to be here today?' Amanda giggled whilst pulling me into a cuddle. 'Any chance I get to watch the girls and I'm sold!' I joked back. 'We'll text you after the game! A few of us are going into London afterwards, why don't you join us?' Holly asked. 'I'm with my two friends, are you sure you don't mind?' I replied. 'Course not! Text you the deets
later!' And with that we went out separate ways.