Weed, Seriously?

The Shepherd-Grey residence in Seattle, a haven of calm and serenity, was suddenly shattered by the abrupt opening of the front door. The evening's tranquility dissipated as Mark Sloan, a man usually known for his composure, stormed in with a face contorted by anger. Hot on his heels was Mary Shepherd, defiance etched in every line of her posture.

Their voices, laden with emotion, sliced through the peaceful ambiance like a knife. Mark, his volume not quite a shout but certainly louder than a normal conversation, was the embodiment of disbelief and shock. "I can't believe you, Mary! Smoking weed? At your age?" he exclaimed, his words laced with a mixture of anger and concern.

Mary, standing her ground with the brazen confidence of a teenager, fired back with equal volume, her voice a blend of rebellion and exasperation. "It's legal, Mark. And I'm not a kid anymore! So mind your own damn business!" Her hands were on her hips, eyes blazing with defiance.

The air seemed to thicken with tension as Mark, his anger almost tangible, countered her argument. "Excuse me? You may not be a kid, but you are still underage!" His hands were gesturing wildly, emphasizing each word with a sharp movement.

"It's not a big deal! I was with the other residents!" Mary argued back, her frustration evident in her voice, which quivered slightly with the intensity of her emotions.

Their heated exchange was abruptly interrupted by the arrival of Derek Shepherd. Emerging from the living room with a stern expression, his presence was like a sudden drop in temperature. "What is going on here?" he demanded, his voice authoritative, cutting through the argument like a sharp blade.

Seizing the opportunity, Mary attempted a hasty retreat to her room. "Nothing, Derek, Mark is just being unreasonable," she said, hoping to escape the brewing storm.

But Derek wasn't having any of it. He blocked her path with a firm stance, his authority as both a brother and guardian unmistakable. "Not so fast. Mark?" he asked, turning his gaze towards Mark, seeking an explanation.

Mark's frustration was palpable as he explained the situation. "I caught her smoking weed with the other residents after their shift." His voice was tinged with disappointment and worry.

Derek's face fell with disappointment. "Seriously, Mary?" he asked, his tone indicating his disbelief and concern.

Mary, attempting to brush past the seriousness of the situation, rolled her eyes and tried to deflect. "Both of you, mind your own damn business. I am going to my room and—"

Derek's patience snapped, and his anger rose to the surface. "The only place you are going to is the living room. Now," he interjected firmly, leaving no room for argument.

Meredith Grey and Lexie Grey, who had overheard the commotion, quietly excused themselves from the scene, understanding the gravity of the family matter and leaving the siblings to their storm.

In the living room, the argument escalated as Mary's frustration erupted into outright defiance. "It's not a big deal! Everyone does it!" she exclaimed, her voice rising in volume, her hands clenched into fists at her sides.

Derek shook his head, his expression one of stern disapproval. "It's not about whether it's a big deal to others. It's about responsibility, Mary. You're a resident at Seattle Grace, and your actions reflect on this family," he said, his voice steady but filled with concern.

"And it's illegal for your age," Mark added, his frustration evident in his furrowed brow and tight jaw.

Mary's anger reached its peak. "Oh, so what, now you're both my fucking parents?" she spat out, her words sharp and cutting.