Target X

"Oh relax Scott, you should be excited!" Jean said as she, Marigold, and Scott walked down the Institute hallway together towards the training rooms. "I don't know, Jean. I think these kids would rather be outside training, then inside studying." Scott said, sounding nervous. "Well I like the idea of teaching the New Mutants the science behind their powers." Jean said, sounding excited. Marigold observed the very different emotions Scott and Jean were showing silently as she walked with them to the classroom, which wasn't really a classroom. It was a training room that someone had labeled 'classroom' using a piece of paper and tape. "I wish I could be in your class, but the professor said I don't need to do it." Marigold said with a pout. "He's probably right. A class like this is more modeled for mutants who are just gaining all of their mutant abilities. Trust me, you would be bored." Jean said before sending the girl off. When Scott opened the door, he got knocked over by Sam, who flew through the door, and showed the chaos off the new mutants playing around inside. "Is it too late to leave with Marigold?" Scott asked sarcastically as Jean helped him off the ground.

"There you are, baby bird." Logan said, seeing the young girl walking through the training halls by herself. "I thought I smelled you down here, what are you doing?" He asked. "Getting kicked out of Scott and Jeans class." the girl said with a pout. "I'm sure they have their hands full already, if you're not busy you can come with me. I'm going out on the motorcycle into the city." Marigold smiled, quickly making her way to Logan. She never missed an opportunity to ride on the motorcycle with Logan. The man smiled back, taking the girl under his shoulder and leading her out of the training area.

The two ended up at a cafe in the city, Logan read the paper and Marigold read one of her books from the library. Marigold looked at the title of the paper Logan was reading, "News Today! Mutant Dome Baffles Experts" Logan noticed the girl staring and put the paper face down on the table. "Still worried about Apocalypse?" He asked. "Isn't everyone?" Marigold asked. "Yea, but that's not the only thing you got to be worried about...how are you feeling about Charles poking through your brain in a couple days?" Marigold put down her book, thinking about how she felt. "A little nervous, but mostly just ready to get it over with. That boy, number 24...I know him, and I know he killed himself in the facility. But there is just - something else there in my mind that I can't remember. But I feel like I need to know." She said, sounding frustrated. Logan couldn't help but frown as he watched the girl, thinking that she was too young to have so much weight on her shoulders. "Do you think Laura would know anything?" Marigold asked. "Don't know, we can ask when she comes back." Logan said. "Yea, whenever that is." Marigold said, sounding annoyed. Logan gave the girl a look and she sighed. "I'm sorry. I know she needs to come when she is ready...but I'm just frustrated." Logan put his hand on the girl's head, running his fingers through her hair. "I bet you are, and that's okay. You are allowed to feel how you feel. As long as you understand Laura's position and you aren't upset with her." Marigold shook her head. "No, I'm not." Logan nodded his head, "good. Now let's head out. I give Scott and Jean another hour or so before they need help controlling the new mutants." Marigold giggled and the two left the cafe. As Logan walks to his bike, he picks up a scent and follows it into an alley, Marigold close behind him. "What kind of scent is it?" Marigold asked. "A bad one." Logan said with a growl in his voice, before tentacles broke out of a wall behind them and hit Logan with a neutralizer. "Logan!" Marigold cried out, as one of the tentacles wrapped around her, before knocking her out too.

Logan wakes in a cell to Marigold calling his name. He groans as he slowly sits up, realizing his hands are chained to the floor. "Are you okay?" He asks Marigold. "Yea, are you?" She asks. "Once we get out of here I will be." He says with a grown as he breaks free of the chains using his claws. He walks over to Marigold and frees her as well. "Look Logan, getting out of here won't be easy." She says as Logan walks to a wall. "I wouldn't do that!" She says, but Logan is so angry he slices a hole in the wall. It turns out they are actually in a transport plane, and just cut a hole on the side of the plane. The cold air hits the two like a ton of bricks. "Told you!" Marigold shouts over the roaring winds as guards enter the room and start blasting them with some kind of laser gun. One hits Marigold and she is thrown into Logan's arms from the blast knocking him and her both out of the plane. The two start free falling and the ground quickly approaches. Logan tightens his grip on Marigold as the girl makes a shield around them. They start to hit branches and trees as they fall into the forest and hit the unforgiving ground with a loud thud. "Good catch, baby bird." Logan said looking at the shield flickered, before disappearing from around them. Leaving them in a hole in the ground left from their landing.