8. Have a bit of faith in me

Joong's pov:

I park my car in front of the college and start making my way inside the engineer building. Damn I'm hungry and it's only 7:30, i have some time till class starts. I take out my phone and message Pond.

Let's get something to eat, meet me at the cafeteria.

I make my way to the cafeteria and make my way to a table where he's sitting. I sit across from Pond, who is already eating. I place my stuff down on the table and go to the line to order. After a 10 minute wait, i get my food and sit back down. As i was about to take a bite, my phone buzzed. A message from Jai. "What should i tell Jai?" I ask.
"Well, do you have feelings for her?"
I nod. "Well then say that you like her and want to date, easy as it is."
I sigh. I start typing. For some reason, I'm hesitating. My finger hovers over it for a few seconds. I just press it.
I also like you, do you want to be my girlfriend?
What's done is done. I'm waiting for a response.
Yes! I'd love to be your girlfriend
A smile appears on my face.
"Now you're no longer single." Pond says.

We sit there for a few minutes in silence. "How do you know you have feelings for someone?" Pond asks.
"Why ask me?"
"Well, you've dated many people before, and you just got a girlfriend." I sigh.
"I guess you can't stop thinking of them, you smile when you see them or think about them, you may feel jealousy when their with someone else and so on." Pond stays silent. He seems to be thinking.
"I think i have feelings for Phuwin..."
My eyes go wide. I look at him in shock.
"Didn't you say that dating wasn't your thing?"
"Yeah, well, I've changed my mind." A huge smile appears on my face.
"Im so happy for you!" He looks at me confused.
"You are?"
"Dude, obviously, I'm your best friend. I'll support you in anything. And that means I'll help you win Phuwin over." I give him a hug. We smile and laugh a little. The bell rings. We get up and start making our way to our first class of the day.

We enter the classroom and sit down in our seats. Pond's heart stopped for a second when Phuwin sat next to him. He must have completely forgotten that we have assigned seats here. He tried not to look at him but failed miserably. Phuwin glances at him for a few seconds before looking away as the teacher enters the classroom.
"Hello class, today we will talk about different holidays in different countries. This will be a group project, and i decide on the teams. I will not put your friends in the same group as you. You guys need to socialize more. Every member will choose a holiday and learn all about it's history, food, date, clothing, and so on, at the end, you have to compare them and say what's similar and what's different." I sigh, i guess i won't be with Pond or anyone else from the football team. "Everyone, get out your books and start reading about different countries and their holidays on page 68." We read for about 10 minutes as our teacher makes teams for us. "Okay, I've finished making the teams, Aran and Ice, Waen and Ying, King and Jay, Pond and Phuwin, Ratana and Mani, Dunk and Joong, Lamon and Sud, Si Fah and Gun, Isra and Kiet." Me and Pond make eye contact with each other. "Now all the teams sit together and start discussing what holiday each one will pick." I make my way to Dunk's desk, who is sitting 2 rows in front of me.

I sit next to him and give him a little smile. We sit in silence for a few minutes as everyone around us seems to be chatting and getting along. "So what holiday have you decided to choose?" I ask, breaking the silence.
"Hmm... i was thinking about Midsummer. It's celebrated in Europe. Looks fun to me." Dunk says, typing something on his computer and then turning his screen towards me. Midsummer is a celebration of summer and the midpoint of the growing season. Interesting.
"Mhmmm.... it looks actually very interesting." A smile appeared on his face as i said that.
"I decided to do Holi, a Indian holiday." Dunk quickly writes Holi in google and starts reading about it. India's Festival of Color, also known as Holi, is a time for Indians everywhere to let loose and celebrate the coming of spring.
"This one looks so cool. You have a good eye." Dunk says that smile still being on his face. He opens google slides and names the presentation 'Midsummer and Holi' by Joong Archen and Dunk Natachai. I'm surprised he still knows how to spell my last name after all these years. Most people have problems with that.

We talk a little about what to add to the slides and facts to bring up, and before we know it, the bell rings, and the class is over.
"Class! I want the presentations to be done by Thursday. So you have today and tomorrow to work on it." Before i was able to stand up from my seat, Dunk says something: "You free tomorrow, after classes?"
"Yeah, practice got canceled."
"Wanna meet me at my place to finish the project." I think for a little, being alone with my sworn enemy, what could possibly go wrong?
"Sure! My classes end at 4, DM me the address."
We both go our separate ways from here. I meet up with Pond by the door, and we start walking towards our next class.
"So how did being in the same group as Phuwin work out?"
"Aside from the fact that he hates me with his whole heart, great!" Pond says with sarcasm.
"Aww man, you'll be fine. If you show him that you aren't a complete jerk and don't fuck up by any way, he'll warm up to you." Pond nods in agreement. "Maybe..." i quickly add. Pond smaks my shoulder.
"Have a bit of faith in me!" I start laughing, and soon he also joins.
"Come on, let's go get something to drink before my history teacher tries to kill me."

1.32K views?!?! You can't imagine how it makes me feel to get notifications from people voting, following me, adding my book to their reading list, and commenting. I've had 8 unfinished books in my drafts since 2021 because I was afraid to publish them, and now that I've published one, you can't believe how happy I am. Thank you!!!