Dragon of Death

I put my fur coat on. My body felt good as new. I let Banshee continue to sleep.

I walked out of the tent. The man sat down on a log by a fire.

"Come. Sit." He said. 

I sat down on a log next to him.

The view peered down into the snowy wasteland. Frozen trees and ruined temples scattered the fridged land.

"The names Apollo." He let out his hand for a handshake. I shook his hand.

"Astro."

"Assistant over there is Fana. She comes from the Akademie. Long way from home just to learn alchemy and study wildlife."

"Akademie?" I said confused.

"The best school in all of Talos but, never mind that. I wonder why you were in the Abyss Stronghold."

"A what now?" 

"A place where Abyss Creatures gather. What you found was a tomb. Something went down there and slaughtered them. They must be strong if they can take down multiple knights." Apollo said.

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down. Who even are you?"

"Apollo."

"No I mean as what are you doing here? How did you find us."

"I'm the Captain of the Research Team for the knights of Cavandale. Second, I was following you."

"Wait, you're the guy Charlotte mentioned."

"Charlotte? How do you know her?"

"We came here for a job."

Wait a second.

I stood up.

"Where are they?" 

"Hm? Oh, that's right. You did come with some people. I thought you guys were just thieves from a distance."

"And we thought you died." I said.

"Me and Fana got lost and found something on that monster. So, we had to stay and try to kill it. With everyone on the mountain it's extremely dangerous for them to be out there."

"You mean that Knight wasn't the monster?" 

"Nah, you stumbled on something far different. I'll tell you more later. First, we gotta stop that monster before it hurts Charlotte."

I woke up Banshee and Apollo packed up things.

"Fana. Keep an eye out for the monster."

"Right!" She replied.

We walked down the mountain.

"You said you were following us? Wait were you that guy in the tunnel?"

"Mhm, I ran cuz I still thought you were a bandit."

We walked through the temples and found something huge.

"See that?" Apollo pointed at the cliff. A giant skull laid on the frozen ground followed by a skeletal ribcage. Blood stained the snow turning it red around the skeletal figure.

"What is that thing?" Banshee asked.

"That my friend. Is the remains of the Dragon of Death."

"You mean the one Nocus slain?" I asked.

"Same one. It crashed here after its throat was ripped out. The blood seeped into the mountain. "

"Why are you bringing this up?" I asked. 

"This is related to our monster problem. That monster is being corrupted by the dragons blood."

"So, it's exactly like Nocus." I whispered to Banshee.

"The blood is extremely toxic. A normal human would die in just a few hours if the blood even touches you."

He started walking away and we followed.

"The monster isn't too powerful. Yet, it's highly toxic nature will make it hard to fight. I nearly died trying to put it down even with potions. I managed to make a cure. I plan on using it on the monster, but I can never get too close."

"I'll help." I said.

"You will? You do know you could die. Right?"

"I've dealt with that blood before. Its poisonous effects don't work on me."

"Odd. Maybe we could do this. We need to find your group; however, the trail leads exactly to the monster's den. If we are lucky, we can get there before they reach it."

"So, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Banshee said.

"Right. We should pick up the pace." Apollo said.