The 4 Winds

It was night. We were sitting by the fireplace. Andre on a high quality chair sipping some tea. Banshee sat next to me on a stool while I sat in a lower quality chair.

"Sorry about the chair. I didn't expect company."

"It's fine." I responded

We began talking about my sister. I left out the stuff about the being and how I was an Angel.

"I see, well I assume your going to continue your journey. The road only gets more dangerous from here. I suggest you learn how to fight better."

"I know how to fight but for some reason I feel slow and weaker."

"Hm, well I should start training you. When your done you should be able to be as fast as me." He said.

I wanted to ask him how to use my vision.

"Could you teach me how to use my vision?" I asked him

He sipped more of his tea and looked into the fire.

There was a short pause.

"I'll teach you."

My face lit up.

"Your training will start tomorrow at the brink of dawn. Don't expect me to go easy on you."

I nodded.

He went off to bed not shortly after. He let me and Banshee stay in a spare bedroom. I slept on the bed while she slept on an old dog bed.

As I close my eyes I start thinking about my sister. Where is she? Who was that terrifying being that blocked our path. Her power was bottomless there was no end to her strength. If I'm supposed to save my sister I'll one day have to go through her. Hopefully one of the Gods will help me.

I had a dream. My sister was standing in a black void. Crying as the void started to lighten up. I saw a ruined city. The same cubes I saw when I fought against that deity spiked up from the ground swallowing anything in its path. The land was shattered into multiple floating fragments. Lava was just beneath them.

"Hey, get up. There's no need to cry. The war is over." Said a mysterious man

My sister stopped crying.

"But it's all gone. Everything." She said

"This land is lost unfortunately. However, we can reforge it. Together" He said

He lent out his hand and my sister stared at it hesitantly before grabbing it a few seconds later.

I woke up.

It was still late outside. Maybe an hour before dawn. I woke up Banshee and told her what happened.

"WHAT?" She yelled

"Shhh not so loud!"

"What's going on? I thought your sister was taken from you?"

"I don't know what to think. She was taken last time I saw her but I didn't see the presence of that God around besides the cubes."

There was a short pause before Banshee spoke.

"All this thinking is making me hungry." She said

We decided to head out to look for something to eat. Should be around 45 minutes until dawn so we should hurry.

We looked around in the small forest nearby the mansion. As we were talking around the many bushes and trees we started hearing music..?

It sounded like a flute. The wind became slightly colder then before.