Later that Night

We rushed out as fast as we could. We made it out of the Church and saw Gale sitting on the railing.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"Gale!" I said while gasping for breath. "Did you see someone leave?" 

"No...? Why did something happen?"

"It was taken!" Banshee cried.

"Huh?!" Gale cried.

We told him everything that happened. 

"No guards? Hm, I might know why. I heard some bar talk that the captain has been sending out knights on expeditions, but I don't know why and I don't know about the shadow figures."

"Might be because of the Talons." I said.

"The what now?" Gale said confused.

"Never mind the details just know they are up to something. I think I might know who can help us." I said.

We went to Andre's house.

We knocked on the door and after a few seconds he came out.

"Astro? Banshee? What are you doing up at this hour?"

"We have a request."

Gale walked towards him. "Excuse me sir. An important item was taken from me. Astro tried to stop them yet failed. May we please get your help?" Gale said.

"And who did this might I ask?" He said.

"We believe it was The Talons."

"Hm, I see. I've had my fair share of run ins with thoses fools. I'll help you. They disturb the peace here."

"Thank you Mr....?"

"Andre. Just call me Andre."

He welcomed us into his house.

"The Talons should not be messed with especially by ordinary folk. I've heard rumors that two of their higher ups are here in this nation. They are incredibly strong. Fortunately, I know of a place they hold up at. If we are caught by the higher ups. No doubt they'll kill us." Andre said.

He picked up his sword and we set off.

We made it to a hill and inside was an ancient temple.

"I've seen many Talons Agents come from here. This has to lead to the hideout." Andre said.

"How do we get in without being spotted?" Banshee said. 

"We'll fight our way through if we have too." Andre replied.

We entered the temple. Inside was ruined walls and vines seeping through the cracks. Place was run down. Shockingly the entrance was unguarded. We ventured down into the depths of the temple. We made our way into a spacious room. We were on the second floor. We stood on a balcony that peered down into the floor below. A woman stood on a pedestal while a dozen or so Talons Agents stood in front of her.

"Our plan is going smoothly. In a few days you'll be able to return home. Until then," she said in a uplifting voice before switching tone. "you'll work to death." She said in a disgusted voice. She walked off into a separate room as everyone scattered off.

"Who was that?" Gale asked.

"Sabrina. Seems like she's running the operation. What is she planning?" Andre replied.

"I know her voice! That was the woman that attacked us!" I said.

"Ohh, yeah your right!" Banshee responded.

"She's dangerous. Not even I can beat her. We'll have to be in and out." Andre said.

We made our way into a room without being spotted. It seemed to lead to where the flute was.

"Aha!" Gale said. He ran up to the pillar and grabbed the flute.

"Wait!" Andre yelled.

The rooms walls suddenly flared up with weird red lights that admit a loud noise.

"It's boobytrapped?" I said while pulling out my sword.

"Dammit, looks like we are fighting." Andre said while doing the same.

"Eek! Why would they boobytrap an old place like this?" Banshee cried.

"Have they been planning this from the start?" Gale asked.

Talos Agents flood the room with weapons.

"Get the flute!" One yelled as they all charged at us.

Andre engulfed his blade with fire and swung at them.

I dashed towards a few boosting my speed with wind magic and blasted them with it.

"Banshee! Look for an exit!" Andre yelled while keeping them at bay.

Banshee and Gale looked for one.

I pushed a few more back with wind and parried one of them that tried slashing at me. 

The room filed up with cold air. A menacing aura could be felt through the temple.

"Dammit! Hurry if she gets here we are all screwed!"

I almost got stabbed when I created a wind barrier ghat pushed them back.

"Found an exit!" Gale said while pushing a box that had a wooden door behind it.

"Don't let the thieves escape!" They shouted. 

The room was getting colder and colder to the point we could freeze on the spot.

"Phoenix Slash!" Andre slashed the air and a large Phoenix made of fire shot out at the agents and started heating us up. We ran to the door and we slammed it shut and ran up some stairs that lead to the exit. We escaped the temple and ran into the fields till they couldn't catch us.

"That was close..." Gale wheezed.

"We nearly died." Banshee said.

"All of that over a flute? What's special about it?" Andre asked.

We didn't want to tell him to keep Gale's secret.

"Err, it's a gift from my grandmother. She passed it on to me..." Gale said.

There was a short pause.

"Hm, well your quite determined. Just make sure to keep your guard up better." I began walking away.

"Take care now." He said.

"Actually wait." Gale said.

Andre turned around. "Hm?"

"We could use your help but it requires the Captain of the Knights." Gale said.