Old Cavandale

After a long trip we made it to the forgotten roads of Old Cavandale. The winds roared louder as we got closer.

"Stay on guard. These roads are protected by Ruin Guards." Grace said.

"What now?" I asked.

"Old machines made by an advanced civilization long ago." Andre replied.

"The days of old. They were given to us by the nation however after the war they are hostile to anyone." Gale said.

"How strong are they?" Banshee asked.

"I have defeated a couple handful when they venture out into the fields. However, I get pretty beat up after." Grace replied.

We made it to a large, ruined castle behind a stone bridge. Well, you could barely call it a castle. Most of the area was destroyed. Blocking the bridge was a large robot powered down. It was made of steel and had a drill for an arm. 

"Welcome to Old Cavandale!" Gale shouted. He turned to look at us. He sprung his arms into the air. I noticed behind him a light turned on. Gale continued talking about him remembering the old times.

"Uh, Gale?" The robot powered on and risen up from its slumber.

Grace and Andre ready themselves while Banshee hid behind me.

"Huh?" Gale knew what was happening when he heard. "Target spotted. Subduing threats." The drill started rapidly twisting. He turned and let out a chuckle. The robot thrusted the drill at Gale, but Andre dashed over to him and tried to block it with his large sword.

"Firing rockets." It said as large rocket holders peered out from its back and fired at Banshee. I grabbed her before they started firing and I got hit. The blast sent me far back.

"You ok?" I asked while still holding Banshee.

"Mhm." She said while still frightened.

Grace also got hit by the blast but she quickly rushed the machine with her blade. The drill pierced Andre's sword causing him to knock back Gale.

"Switching to sword mode." The robots other arm transformed into a sharp sword. Grace parried the attack.

Gale got up. "Let me put this thing down." He extended his arm to cast a spell but he fell down coughing up poisonous blood. Andre helped him up.

Grace was losing strength from clashing with the robot. The robot fired more rockets, but Gale used magic to deflect the attack. The rockets hit a small portion of a mountain. Gale crushed the air around the robot and the forced crushed the robot as well.

We were all beat up.

"How are we supposed to beat Nocus if we can't even fight that thing." Grace said.

"You can't. Which is why I'm going alone." Gale said.

"You can barely cast a spell without puking blood." Andre replied.

"I've been resisting the poisonous effect for decades. My magic has gotten weaker. I can hold it off at least for this fight."

"What happens after?" I asked.

"After what?"

"After the fight."

He looked at me and started scratching his head. Then he got an idea.

"If I use the Flute, I could use it on me and Nocus to get rid of the blood."

"Shouldn't you use it right now?" Banshee asked.

"I only have enough magic to use it once. It has to be when we are close to him." Gale said.

"No way, you will get close to him." Grace said.

"Sure, I will!" He looked at me. "Cuz Astro will protect me."

"Me?" I said in confusion.

"You are the least beat up out of everyone. Grace is tired and Andre's sword is broken." Gale said.

"So?" Grace said. "I am the Captain of Cavandale. I will gladly put down my life for you and my people."

"So will I." Andre said.

He looked at everyone.

"Thank you. However, no fighting. Astro is the only one permitted to fight and that's only if its necessary. Everyone else will distract him. I think I have enough magic to weaken him. Though only a little bit."

"We got this." Grace said. We nodded.

"In the castle is a dimension. Created by yours truly. I believe Nocus will be in there. Be careful. Once inside I doubt, he'll let us out."

We walked into the castle. A small portal stood in front of the Throne for the Old King.

We walked into it.

It felt like being trapped in a tornado. We stood on a platform made from the kingdom walls.

A large chunk of the castle stood far out of reach between the spiral abyss of the tornado. Multiple pieces of the castle flew around the dimension.

Suddenly the castle chunk blew up into pieces from Nocus flying into it. He zipped around the dimension creating sonic booms every time he flapped his wings.

He reached us and hovered in front of us. He roared causing the dimension to shudder.

We all readied ourselves.