35

'Mister Park, would you be able to tell us why you are here today? In your own words.'

'Of course.' He nodded. 'I was recently let go from the company where I worked for 2 years, and ever since the day I lost my job, I have been having a hard time. Truthfully, the hard times started about 2 months into Miss Dowen taking over the company. I was a photographer, and I used to go wherever they sent me. After some times, I was suddenly transferred to work directly under Miss Dowen, which I didn't really understand, but it wasn't an issue in the least. That is until Miss Dowen started making slight remarks and comments that I thought were odd at the time, and in the beggining, I'd shrug them off as I thought that it might be a normal way to joke around in America. I didn't really understand just how wrong I was. Those little comments were mostly in a form or what I'd assume were compliments. She would keep telling me that I look like a little pretty doll and that she would just have me stand there and look pretty. That was only the start. Soon enough, Miss Dowen started brushing up against me or touching me where it really wasn't needed. She would often touch my hair, or squeeze my biceps and such. I have asked her at that point not to do it, but all it did was make her become worse. She often called me into her office out of nowhere, asking me random questions like how was my day, or if I had eaten. And then one day she called me in and asked me to have dinner with her, which I refused. I explained to her that I don't think that's a good idea as she was indeed my boss, and even if she wasn't I was not interested. She laughed it off and told me that I will surely change my mind. After that, she asked me for lunch or dinner almost daily, even going so far as to calling me on the phone outside of the working hours, and it was becoming really frustrating. I didn't know who to go to. I threatened her that I will report her to the HR, but she told me they work for her and to not bother. I didn't understand at the time how HR worked. But a few days after that, she called me into her office one last time, and nearly jumped me when I walked in. She kept trying to kiss me, asking me to have sexual intercourse with her, pushing and pulling me around the room. It was way too much for me, and I am not the proudest to say that I had to push her away and that she fell on her bum, but I was not getting out of there any other way. She threatened me and told me that if I didn't sleep with her, I wouldn't have a job anymore. I admit my vocabulary was not the nicest, and I told her to... fuck off and stop being pathetic. And the next day I wasn't allowed to walk into the company. The moment I stepped through the door, I was escorted out by security. And ever since then, every other job application that I have sent to another company was declined before I even had an interview. Even from people that I have worked with prior to that. I had a feeling that Miss Dowen could have something to do with it, but I couldn't prove it. Not until Miss Moon told me about her findings.'

'Objection!'

We all looked over, waiting for the attorney to explain.

'I want his entire testimony stricken out of the record. Everything he said lacks foundation, and it is ruining the reputation of my client.'

'Attorney Yung, he was asked to give his side of the story. This is the reason we are here. This is his truth. Striking his speech out of the records is like striking away the entire trial, which you sure tried to do outside of the court. And I can assure you that there is more than enough proof to his words, and not just through him. As for you client's reputation, I am certain that it is no one else's fault but your client's that this lawsuit has happened. She does not need my client's help to ruin that reputation.'

'Overruled.'

He sat down and sighed deeply.

'Thank you, Your Honor.' I Bow my head. 'Mister Park, can you tell us in detail what kind of physical contact did Miss Dowen make?'

'Objection! Leading the witness.'

'Let me rephrase. Mister Park. You mentioned earlier that Miss Dowen would often make unneccessary physycal contact. Could you please explain to us in detail what you meant by those words?'