28

I barely slept. I kept trying to think of a way to get out of this deal, and I couldn't think of one. I was so stressed that I couldn't think clearly.

I definitely didn't have time to find another lawyer. Besides professors at school and my father, I don't know any. And I definitely can't ask them.

The only thing I could do was to tell Jimin about it.

I dragged myself to their place, and the first thing that happened when I walked in was Jimin greeting me with the biggest smile, announcing me.

'Here is my lawyer, gentlemen. Please rise.'

The three chipmunks actually got up and bowed, and no matter how bad of a mood I was in, I couldn't help but laugh.

'Sit down you crazy people.'

'Objection! Insulting the witness!' Jimin smacked his hand on his knee, giggling even more

'You know that you can't yell objection in court, right?' I laugh

'What? Why?!' He lost the smile and his face turned into one of disappointment

'Only attorneys can do that.'

'Tsk.' He clicked his tongue and pouted. 'I even watched a damn lawyer movie to get into my role. Wasted my time.'

'You - you watched a movie?'

'Obviously. We're gonna kick her ass in there. I gotta look like I know what I'm doing.' He giggled in the most adorable way, melting me from the inside out

'He was repeating everything after them. It was like watching a movie with live subtitles that ran a few seconds late.' Taehyung laughed

'I think he got a bit too excited.' Jungkook pretended to whisper, covering his lip from the side where Jimin could see him

'You're not wrong there. I was worried and all that, but with everything she showed me, I'm not that worried anymore. I'm actually looking forward to taking down the devil's spawn.'

'Reemember us when you're rich.' Taheyung patted him, and it ended with three of them bursting into more giggles

How could I tell him anything now? He is actually exctited and is looking forward to doing this. I pushed it all on him, I made him agree, changed his mind about the whole thing, and now I'm supposed to just pull it all from under his feet? I could never do that. Not to him.

Kim Shinae. I suppose I should get used to it.

-----

I stood in front of my father's study, calming myself down not to explode or cry. I waited until the last minute to try and figure a way out, but I just couldn't think of one. My mind is such a mess right now.

But I need to do this. For Jimin.

I knocked on the door after standing in front of it for a good minute, hearing 'come in' from the inside.

He looked up from his laptop, and then looked back at it. 'So, have you made up your mind?'

I swallowed, but I stood straight. I won't let him get to me. At least not when I'm in front of him.
'Yes.'

'And what is the verdict?'

'I'll agree to your terms. You help Jimin, and I'll marry Namjoon. But I get to tell Namjoon, and only once the trail has ended and Jimin's win is guaranteed.'

He leaned back and smirked cockily, pulling his hands away from his laptop. 'I can agree to that. That wasn't so hard, was it?'

'I chose the less of two evils.'