Sneaking out

" Hey Dawson?" Elston called out as the two were getting ready for bed, They hadn't talked since earlier in the afternoon.
" What's up El?" Dawson said not stopping what she was doing.
" I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to cross a line but I know how much this means to you trust me. I just- You almost died and I can't imagine what would happen if I lost you." With a shakiness in her voice Elston walked over to Dawson to get her attention.
When Dawson looked up she noticed El had tears streaming down her face. She paused and pulled her into a hug.
" Look, you're the only family I really have. No matter what you do or what I do it's us against this messed up world." Dawson said, sounding muffled as her head was buried into Elston's shoulder.
" What happened with your dad Dawson?" Elston asked not wanting to ruin the moment but was incredibly curious.
" He had always said from when I found out he was gonna send me here the first chance he had. When he had to put my grandpa in a nursing home it was sort of out of the question, but then he struck gold with the lottery sent me here and I haven't heard from either of them since. But hey I have you and that's all I need." Dawson with a light hearted tone towards the end.
With a huge sigh of relief Elston squeezed Dawson and laughed, "Deal."
After what seemed like hours waiting for Elston to fall asleep, Dawson looked over to see her out cold. Just to make sure she went over and waved her hand over her face, whispered to her, and threatened to take her beloved book just to make sure she was really sleeping. Once the coast was clear Dawson threw on her jeans, black hoodie, dark red/orange flannel and her black converse. She looked in the mirror on the way out and couldn't be bothered to throw her hair up so she texted Griffin to meet them outside of his door and she was off.
As the two sneak down the stairs they're brought to a halt as they forgot about the curfew meaning there was security downstairs.
Griffin pulling Dawson into him to keep her out of sight whispers, trying not to get caught, " As much fun as this is, what're we gonna do?"
" Magic duh." Dawson said reaching for her wand, Griffin not evening trying to stop her. Wand in hand she points it towards the guard and mouths the spell de lumine, as she finishes the guard yawns then falls to the ground and starts with some minor snoring.
"Nicely done newbie." Griffin says as they finally leave the school.
" It took you 6 months for you to start calling me that." Dawson said with a laugh.
" Yeah yeah, anyway how do we get to this place?"
" There is this lovely thing called a GPS." Dawson said as she pulled her phone out. Whispering to herself as she typed in the letters she got the directions and they were on their way.
Twenty minutes later they reach their destination.
"Great, how do we get in?" Dawson asked, looking at her phone.
" My time to shine." Griffin said as he pushed his fingers out to mimic cracking them, and then he headed towards the ditch. Dawson rolled her eyes and followed behind him.
When they get to the bottom they come across a gate that's as dark as the sky above them but was seemingly their only way in. After a few minutes of tinkering and messing with the lock around the gate Griffin swung the gate wide open and gestured for Dawson to go in, "Ladies first."
Dawson climbed into the wet, mucky tunnel that was their ticket to her safety and they were off. After about a half an hour she turned around just to make sure Griffin was still there. They tried not to talk much in fear that the echoing would be too loud and they would be found quicker then they had anticipated. When they finally reached a door with faded letters reading "Sci n e Mis  C rp" a huge wave of relief rushed over them, until they realized they had to get the door open.