Uh oh

Diane bursts through the door "Where is he?" she yelled, still stomping towards the headmaster, Mckennly pointed over to the bed and told her "he is right here but you need to calm down." She ignores the last part and runs over to him and kisses him and then sits next to him and grabs his hand and holds it to her head and starts quietly praying that he wakes up, But as she holds his
hand to her head Mckennly noticed that her knuckles were freshly bruised she kept note of that but stood up and said "i'll give you two some alone time" and moved to the other side of the room still keeping an eye on them.
A few minutes later Elston and Dawson walk in and before
Diane even notices them, Medicals walk over to them and bring them over to where Griffin and Cole are sitting so they can check them out too, Dawson ran ahead and pulled Griffin and Cole into a hug as she started tearing up. The last time she was near them they were hurt on the ground and she wished she never had to see her friends like that. She whispered to both of them "I'm so happy you guys are okay" as a few more tears dripped down her face, Then they pulled apart and Griffin started by saying "I'm just happy you're still here." She responded and said, " Yeah,I am too," and laughed a little. Then Cole said " I'm also glad we are all okay... but you wanna explain what happened after we left?" "Uh yeah sure but i'll explain more when we aren't here" she said gesturing to the hospital room. After they all got checked out and were cleared they all went over to Mckennly and she asked how everyone was doing. They looked at each other and Elston responded "uh you could say we've been better" . McKennly laughed and said " I could only imagine." They were talking a little more when they heard Diane screaming " HE'S AWAKE HE'S AWAKE HE'S AWAKE" Everyone ran over there except Elston and Dawson, instead they quickly left the room so that they could avoid an altercation between them and Diane again. Then Griffin met them outside and asked why they weren't in there. Dawson explained the little incident they had earlier and said it'd be best if she just wasn't around them. He shook his head, and then Cole came out and after sensing the energy between the group and asked if they wanted to go hang out or something to relax after the long day. Everyone agreed and they headed toward the stairs to lead them upstairs to their dorms.
Back in the room, Diane and McKennly were sitting on both sides of the bed. "How are you feeling now?" McKennly asked, after he had been awake for a few minutes.
"I feel fine now," he said, still totally out of it.
Diane was hugging him and said, "Oh, babe I thought I had lost you. If you didn't wake up, I think I may have actually killed Dawson."
"Yeah, but I'm right here so nothing to worry about," he said in a very monotone voice.
"Hey, can you go get me some water?¨ he asked her.
"Omg of course baby," then she gave him a quick kiss and then left to go get the water. Then he sat up and turned to Mckennly. "Is Dawson okay?" he asked with a very concerned look on his face.
"Yeah, she had a few burns and bruises and then a few more bruises when she walked in, but she is alive and in this situation, that's all we really can ask for all of you." Lane started to ask a question but was struggling to get the words out. Then he finally said, "Did Diane cause any of those bruises?"
Mckennly let out a big breath of air and leaned back in his chair and said, "I believe she could have, but that's really for you to ask one of them yourself."
After saying that, she stood up and headed toward the door, then turned around and said, "Um if you... if you need anything, you know where to find me." Lane nodded head and Mckennly left.
Then Diane came in with the water and said, "Sorry that took so long it was oddly hard finding any water around here."
He didn't acknowledge her. She asked what was wrong and he shrugged her off, "Nothing. I'm just tired and it's getting late... I uh I think you should go." he said coldly to her not wanting to even look in her direction.
She looked a little stunned and stood and said, "Okay, whatever bye. I'll be back in the morning." She tried to give him a kiss but he turned away. She huffed, kissed his cheek and left. Upstairs in Griffin and Cole's room, the four had been watching movies and playing games all night to ease the day they had just experienced. It was about 2 in the morning when Elston finally said, "Alright guys it's been a really long day I think we should all get some rest." Cole chimed in, "I second that." as he reached for the remote to turn off the movie. Griffin noticed that Dawson had fallen asleep on his shoulder, lightly tapping her on the head whispering "Dawson..Dawson" She woke up slowly realizing she was laying on Griffin and quickly sat up. They all stood up and said bye to each other and then the girls left for their room. When they got in, they quickly got changed and ready for bed then they climbed into their beds and said goodnight.
A few hours went by and Dawson was still up, her mind was racing and she was nervous about Lane because she almost got him killed. Within the next 10 minutes or so she decided she was going to go downstairs to see how he was doing. She started getting dressed and ready to go downstairs when Elston woke up and asked what she was doing.
Dawson froze and said, "I'm going to see Lane. I'll be back in a few."
Elston shook her head and then rolled over to go back to sleep and Dawson headed out the door. She got down there about 5 minutes later and by this time it was 4:19 am and she didn't think Lane would be up.
When she walked into the room surely enough there was Lane sitting in his bed staring out the window at the moonlight.
"Hey" she quietly said to Lane, startling him a little bit.
"Hey, What are you doing here this late?" He turned his body to face her. She fidgeted with her jacket and then said "I uh- I thought this would be the best time to check on you."
He looked confused, " Why couldn't you have stayed earlier with everyone?" "I wanted to and was going too, but there was someone I don't think would have enjoyed my company so I decided it'd be best to see you on my own''. After saying that she went to sit down next to his bed.
" It was Diane wasn't it?" He asked, not looking at her.
Dawson nodded. He followed up by asking "Did she hit you?"
Dawson started uncomfortably looking around the room and wanted to change the subject, " Anyway, what'd they say about recovery time."
" Dawson, I'm being serious. Was it?" He said she could hear the intense tone in his voice.
" Yeah it was okay? What does it matter? This isn't about me." She burst out. Dawson saw slow anger rising in Lane's face but interrupted by saying " Wait but why do you care anyway?" A look of perplexity spread across her face as she asked. He looked at her and said "Because she had no reason to hit you"
"Unless she did" Dawson said in a more serious tone
"What does that mean? What was the reason? Dawson?"
Dawson looked around then looked down. " I told her why you got in here... because of you trying to help me."
" Why would you tell her that? It's not true"
" It is though, if you hadn't tried to help me upstairs it wouldn't have happened and I couldn't protect you" Tears started streaming down her face and she just tilted her head lower so he wouldn't notice, it didn't work too well because he reached over and pulled her closer to him. " I helped you because you needed it, I volunteered. It was my decision."
'' But you didn't think you'd get hit and you shouldn't have."
He laughed a little and Dawson looked confused but he said "I mean it's kind of an assumed risk when you volunteer to help with a fight."
She gave a little laugh and Lane smiled. After a few seconds of silence Dawson asked " Why did you help me? I thought you didn't like me" Lane leaned closer to her and grabbed her hand,
Then said "quite the opposite actually" She smiled but then sat up straight again letting go of his hand as the smile fell from her face.
"But you have a girlfriend, I don't want to be a homewrecker and I think your girlfriend would actually kill me"
" I know you aren't, I was going to break up with her, I only dated her because... well it's a long story but anyway you aren't a homewrecker okay?"
" Okay. What are we supposed to do now?" Her gaze clicked on his eyes " I have an idea. '' He put his hand under her chin, her eyes widened as their faces moved closer together and they kissed.
After they pulled back Lane continued to hold her hand and then as she felt her face getting redder she said that she should probably go since the sun was coming up, She tried to get up from the bed but Lane didn't let her hand go, she turned back to him and whispered "i'll be back later"then he finally let go and said "okay i'll see you later love" then she left the room.