We got it

The next morning they got up early and got ready. Both of them half fell out of their beds being up before the sun as Headmaster Mckennly had requested for the lesson, They pulled on their jeans and hoodies since this wasn't a day of formal schooling and proceeded to meet the guys in the hallway in front of the grand hall to go over the plan one more time because to them they couldn't go over it enough. They hadn't realized but McKennly watched them talking in the
hallway and hid behind a nearby wall far enough where she couldn't hear but close enough to see them. She decided to put a spell on Elston "loqueris ad me" to hear since they were a little out of range, And also because she was quite curious about the real reasoning for the potion.
"Okay the plan again". Cole had started. " After we leave the potion out for three hours tonight, we will sneak downstairs toward the nurses office. Then Elston and I will scope out the area and make sure no one is there. After we give Dawson and Griffin the all clear, you guys will go in and place the potion on the nurses desk and then get the hell out of there, everyone got it?" Cole explained.
"Yes, Cole, we've gone over this plan now 100 times. We got it," Elston rolling her eyes with a slight yawn.
They laughed and that's when McKennly decided to come out of hiding with a plan of her own.
"Good morning students," McKennly said, as she unlocked the door.
They went in and stood around the work station ready to get started. McKennly joined them and started to grab the ingredients from her bag and some from the cabinet and was slightly smirking but ready to get started.
"Okay, so first you take the liquid lighting and pour exactly two drops," she was explaining, as she took a light blue liquid and dropped some in the bowl.
"Then you put in a little of the elements." As she said that, she took her wand and pointed it toward the bowl.
First thing that went in there was lava for fire, then water. She popped some dirt in there for earth, and lastly, she created a cloud which then evaporated into the bowl for air. "Now, after you have all your ingredients, there is one really important ingredient that you need, otherwise the potion will not work."
The group's eyes were glued open as they were watching her make this and got even wider as she was about to tell them what the secret ingredient was.
"Now, the last ingredient for this is..."
They inched toward her, waiting for her to say the ingredient and then she said, "Spit." They all backed down and looked at each other then all said, "Spit?"
" Yeah, Spit from a wizard of higher calibur makes the potion work that's also what makes it so hard to make because there aren't many wizards that have this high of power." McKennly said as she leaned forward towards the bowl and spit into the bowl, After the students had turned away they turned back to watch her as she spun the potion together. As it was
coming together it became this magnificent blue color that shimmered in the light. They became mesmerized by how beautiful it looked spinning and mixing together so effortlessly. A few seconds later, McKennly stopped, grabbed a bottle and took the liquid from the bowl and transferred it to the bottle, filling it to the brim. "And there you go, that's how to make an Omni-Potens potion."
"Thank you again headmaster McKennly this was really uh- informative" Elston said while she smiled and shook her head to try to make her obvious lie seem more convincing. Mckennly smiled and they all headed out to go back up stairs. "So is everyone going to just ignore the fact that we came up with a really insane plan and it's actually working?? Like how does McKennly just agree to give us one of the most powerful potions in the entire world of magic?" Cole said, looking at everyone fairly confused.
" Well I- Yeah I got nothing for ya it is a bit odd... but we need to be focusing right now on whos window sill we are going to put it on tonight" Griffin questioned
Right as Dawson was about to reply they ran into their fellow classmates Diane and Lane in the hallway. "Oh hello classmates. And what might you be doing up this early?" Diane asked as she stared at them. " We were just walking around, What are you doing up so early Diane" Elston responded adding as much sass as she could, " If you must know Lane and I take morning strolls and were just heading back to his room" Diane replied, Dawson gave a little laugh while looking at the ground.
"What's so funny over there, Villin?" Diane asked looking around Elston to make eye contact with Dawson.
" Oh nothing... it's just that I thought only old people in retirement homes took 'strolls', But it's really none of my business" Dawson replied with a smirk on her face. The boys and Elston started laughing, even Lane gave a little laugh. Diane didn't respond with anything; She just looked at Lane, grabbed his hand and strutted away. The guys came back exactly three hours later with the potion and were ready for the plan, so they got ready and headed downstairs.
When they ran into Lane, he questioned what they were doing and what the potion was. El said it was none of his business and Griffin chimed in with telling him to move along and mind his business. He was about to make a sarcastic remark to the both of them and then he looked at Dawson and their eyes held a gaze for what seemed like forever, but in reality was only a few seconds.
Then he shook his head and left without another word. They asked Dawson if she was okay because of the awkwardness of their eyes. She said she was fine and that it was no big deal and laughed it off, but her heart and the butterflies in her stomach said otherwise.
They finally got downstairs and went to the area where the nurses office was, Elston and Cole went to go scope it out while Dawson and Griffin hung back, After they got an all clear from the other two,they went into the dark office and went to go put the potion on her desk while Griffin stood guard incase anyone came but as soon as Dawson put the potion on her desk she felt a cold boney hand grab hers and yelped, she yanked her hand back and stumbled back into Griffin who caught her and pointed his lit up wand towards the darkness and saw the nurse standing there behind her desk.
She stands up and says, "I've been expecting you."
" Ah. Yeah okay we got your potion now leave us alone." Dawson tried to stay as assertive as she could, though she was still scared from the unexpected presence. The nurse grabbed the potion, swished it around a bit and popped the lid off and smelled it, took a little sip and started to laugh which got louder and louder with each cackle that came. Griffin asked what was so funny, She then came closer to them.
" You think you little twerps are so smart, give me a fake. I truly thought you were better than that." The nurse says as she's shaking her head in disappointment.They both looked at each other terrified but also really confused about how that had happened.
The nurse broke their silence. "You have 6 hours to get me the right one. The real one. Or believe me there will be a bigger price to pay." Then she retreated to the back office. The color drained from their faces as they looked at each other in a panic a split second later they bolted out of there, faster than either of them had ever run before. After running to Cole and Elston, still completely out of breath from running, " We need to get out of here. Now!" The pair managed to spit out. They ushered them upstairs immediately but said they would explain when they got to one of their rooms.
They got upstairs and went into Griffin and Cole's room, since it was the closest. After they got in there they shut the door and Dawson put an enchantment on it so no one could get in, Then they all sat down and Griffin explained the entire thing leaving no details to their imagination.
El and Cole's jaws dropped, they were in complete shock and utter disbelief but what confused them the most was that it was a fake because they had asked McKennly to make it, then after a brief moment they all looked at each other and said... "McKennly?".
They knew she would be in the professor's office on the opposite side of the school so they knew it'd be okay to go.They ran down the hall towards the offices and ran into both Lane and Diane this time. Before the pair had a chance to say anything Dawson quickly said "we aren't gonna tell you anything, so don't waste your breath" Diane looked shocked at Dawsons response. Lane just smiled at her and gave a little chuckle then the group ran off leaving the pair behind. They got to the office and saw McKennly sitting there and seemed to be grading or something. She turned around and greeted the group who quickly started questioning why she gave them a fake potion. Her response was short, sweet, and to the point she said, "I heard everything".
They looked puzzled then she elaborated on her words saying how she had seen the group discussing the plan and cast that spell on Elston to hear what they were going on about and she knew that she couldn't give them the real one because it seemed dangerous and needed to hear the rest of the reasoning.
They all took a deep breath and spilled everything one by one adding on to it, and as they kept talking McKennly's eyes got wider and wider until they finish and she just let out a breath as to signal that was a lot of information and she needed a moment to process everything that the group had just shared. They just looked at her while she came up with the words to respond to them with.
After a few moments she said " So what are we going to do now?" Cole asked the question right back looking at the group for ideas, Then Griffin just suggested that they make the right one this time but McKennly quickly cut in, " Even if we could there's not enough time. Plus,She was looking for something else. Something more powerful."
"What could it be?" Dawson asked with a slight worry in her voice.
"I don't know, all I know is that it's dangerous and she's up to something."
They all looked concerned considering they had 3 hours left before things got bad. After what felt like forever Elston suggested that they look for every possible form of magic to know their options, Dawson agreed and they got started.
About an hour later the group including the Headmaster sat around looking in every book in the room for any ideas or possibilities when suddenly Elston and Griffin started screaming in pain and doubling over to the floor.
McKennly and Dawson jumped out of their seats and went to them Cole had fallen asleep. Dawson went to Elston and asked what was happening and she said she didn't know it
just felt like lightning struck her all over her body and Griffin was saying the same thing. They knew that was a reminder of their time limit.
Not knowing what to do McKennly put a sleep spell on them so they wouldn't feel anymore pain. The two dragged them over and put them in the corner so they were out of the way and then Dawson walked over to wake up Cole so they could continue work while informing him about what just happened.
After about 20 minutes of more research " Uh guys I think- I think I found something" Cole yelled to the girls ,but the tone of his voice sounded kind of disturbed. Dawson and McKennly went over to him and asked him to share what he had found. After a minute of silence passed, McKennly looked at the book which was on a chapter about magic blood and at the end of the reading had a list of wizards who had it and low and behold the last one of them was Dawson's grandfather who had gone there many years prior.
She then looked at Dawson and said "it might be her blood." She looked taken back of all things that it could've been; it was her blood. She followed up her look by asking what they should do, and McKennly quickly said they would figure something out but no matter what no one could say anything to anyone with fear that the nurse may overhear. Cole and Dawson aggressively nodded their heads in agreement then they started discussing possible solutions that could trick the nurse "But first" Mckennly started, " we need to make sure it is her blood otherwise this plan is for nothing." The two again nodded in agreement and started setting up to get this over with. Cole started towards the supply cabinet to grab a vial and IV line so they could get a little bit of the blood, while he was doing that Master McKennly grabbed her wand and Dawson was getting ready on the lab table where this was gonna be performed.
" You ready?" McKennly asked as she held her wand on Dawson's forearm, " So ready," Dawson replied a little sarcastically, trying to lighten the mood a tad. Cole was on her right side and offered his hand for her to hold, she gladly took it slamming her palm into his as she gave him a quick smile and they began.
Dawson had a high pain tolerance but this was a different type of pain that was felt throughout her whole body since McKennly had to use a special spell to uncover the blue in the blood because it appears red to the normal eye. Dawson tried her best not to move but tensed up almost immediately and winced every once in a while, As she was also squeezing but trying hard not to break Cole's hand.
"Okay we have enough." Mckennly said, holding the vial up to the light flicking all the air bubbles out of it.
Dawson and Cole looked it up and down, "Why is it blue?" Cole asked, still squinting at the vial, "And sparkly?" Dawson said kind of panicked but also intrigued.
"Magic blood is different, Has a very distinguished color to it. The unique blend of colors is the normal human blood cells reacting with a potion your ancestors injected hundreds of years ago, except they put about 70 different potions making your blood what we call Omnipotens or 'all powerful Dawson'." and Cole both let out huge sighs of relief and sat there in silence for a second before Headmaster told Cole to patch up Dawsons arm and make sure everything was disintegrated and there was no evidence of anything that just happened. As they were finishing cleaning up Dawsons arm, Lane burst through the door.
" What are you doing here?" Cole asked while glaring at the intruder.
" I could ask you the same thing Johnson" Lane said, still slightly huffing from bursting open the door. " I saw the- the office lights on and was wondering who was here this late." "And you didn't think to yourself, 'Hm I wasn't told to be here at this hour, Maybe just maybe. It wasn't any of my damn business' like anyone else would've." Cole said " Guess I'm not like everyone else" Lane said exuding with confidence.
" Alright if you children are done arguing, Cole we got stuff to do." He nodded and headed to disintegrate the equipment. "Lane please go." Dawson said, getting off the table. Then he gave her a little smirk and started walking backwards with his hands up towards the door leaving the trio to their business. They spent the next 20 minutes coming up with a plan that was fool proof and decided it would start tonight, right as they finished discussing the plan Elston and Griffin slowly woke up.