New school

When they got to the end of the hallway, El knocked on the door and someone opened it and asked for a symbol. Elston moved her sleeve down and revealed a mark on her arm to the stranger behind the door Dawson turned and looked down to try and see what the symbol was but Elston had pushed her sleeve down too fast. The doors creaked as they slowly opened to expose a room full of kids on broom sticks and playing with wands and lights of  every color
imaginable flashing all around and Dawsons jaw dropped. El glances over at her and smiles at the expression on Dawson's face.
"So- what is this place?" Dawson asked — still confused on what the place was even though it looked really cool.
"It's Gordale's underground magic school... that they don't really know they have," Elston laughed.
"Wait what does that mean? Also, I'm sorry, you said magic school?!?! "
"It means that this school is top secret and no one who goes to school or works upstairs knows about this place and won't ever find out," said a stranger behind them. Both of the girls turned around to see a young woman walking towards them, Her skin was fair and she seemed a little above average height for a women, She was dressed in black slacks, a crisp white button down that seemed to nicely hug her fit figure, a black velvet cloak with red satin interior, her hair blonde as if recently kissed by the sun wrapped in a perfect bun.
"Hi, I'm headmaster Mckennly. And you are?" Introducing herself with caution to the mysterious person
"This is Dawson Villins, headmaster," Elston said, introducing Dawson " she just transferred here today."
The headmaster grabs Dawsons hand, holds it for a minute while Dawson looks over at Elston for some help, still not being able to wrap her head around what exactly is happening. Just as she starts contemplating why she let her new roommate drag her here, headmaster Mckennly turns her hand sideways and proceeds to shake it firmly.
"Sorry I had to read you before I let you into the school but welcome Miss Villin." Dawson, still standing in shock for what seemed like literal minutes, Shakly says, "Uh, th-thank you Headmaster."
After that, Headmaster Mckennly provides Dawson with a place to sit next to Elston and two boys she has never seen before. One of the boys turns to look at her and then introduces himself.
"Hi, I'm Griffin. You must be new." He had light brown hair but so bright it could be mistaken for a dirty blonde, His skin also fair but he face decorated with freckles, and his eyes were as blue as lake michigan on a clear summer day
"Yeah, I just got here yesterday. Oh, and I'm Dawson."
And that leads to doing the same, "Hi Dawson. I'm Cole Johnson."
"Hi, nice to meet you."
Then the headmaster proceeds to the front of the class and introduces herself, Welcome students, I'm Headmaster McKennly and welcome to Gordale School of Magic. This is a secret school built many many years ago by ancient wizards and witches. After the war, our magical ancestors decided to make this school hidden to try to avoid wizards getting hunted again. Now you may be asking yourself, "does anyone up stairs know about it?" The answer is no. Any normal being that had any recollection of this even existing is either dead or had their memory wiped. Anyway, I don't want to make this too long. I'm just going to name a few basic rules that if you don't follow will either result in memory wiping or being exiled. To start off is rule number one. No one, absolutely no one, who isn't a magic does not find out about the school no matter what. This is a secret and can never be talked about unless it's with another magic. Number two: Your magic use never leaves down here unless it's a dire emergency, Lastly, number three: No spells or potions above your skill level. That is all. We start the entry tasks tomorrow night, so be prepared."
After the brief seminar/introduction to the class she heads over to Dawson. "So what do you think? Will you join us?"
Sitting there still in slight shock about what just happened, she looks up to the headmaster, clears her throat and says "I would love to," she responds without giving it a second thought.
"Great, the tasks start tomorrow. Be prepared." Then the Headmaster turned and walked away.
She shook her head and then went over to Elston and they headed upstairs to their dorm.
"So, what did you think? Honestly," El asked as soon as Dawson shut the door. She turned around and said, "Well it was interesting, but I think I could be a good fit there."
Then she went to the bathroom and changed. When she came back out, El was sitting on her bed reading a book. Dawson climbed into bed getting ready to sleep. "Dawson?" El said after a moment of silence.
"Yeah, what's up?"
"Nothing, I just wanted to say goodnight."
"Oh, alright goodnight."
Then both of the girls turned off their lights and rolled over to go asleep. Only, Dawson went to bed with a little smile on her face.