Getting ready for action

Good morning you two, how are we feeling?" McKennly said overly cheery hoping they were better than before.
Holding his head Griffin said, " What the hell happened?" As he tried to wipe his eyes to clear his vision.
" Long story short I'm not quite sure what you two remember but we were all doing research and then you two were doubled over in pain and I simply reacted and put you to sleep so you didn't suffer. You're welcome." McKennly said, kneeling over near Elston since she hadn't spoken yet.
"Did you find anything?" Elston added, seeming back to her chipper self.
"Well..." Cole was starting.
" Yes. Yes we did and it's very shocking and-" Dawson thought about how this might put their lives in danger with how powerful this discovery was, "Uh now I'm not sure I want to finish this sentence, Headmaster?" Dawson kind of panicked and looked to her for help.
They all exchanged looks and McKennly got a very strong look on her face and just said " just be prepared to fight".
They looked concerned at first but then nodded their heads in agreement and didn't ask anymore questions. Dawson looked at the time and realized they only had 10 minutes left before their deadline, So her, Cole, and McKennly got to work while the other two sat back trying to watch the plan unfold, though they really didn't know what was happening.
They took some blood from Cole and put it into a vial where McKennly would then add a moon spell to it which would make it the bright blue color of Dawson's blood, After the decoy was done Dawson explained to Griffin and Elston what was going on,
" Alright so we haven't really filled you in but this is sensitive information." Not saying a word still, she continued. "Through the history textbooks we figured out the "potion" she wants may actually be my blood it has some magic omnipotent power that dates back centuries that I never knew about and so were giving her a decoy cause otherwise I would you know... be dead so that's kinda what's happening." She stood there waiting for some response.
"Woah." Elston said, staring at amazement at her best friend standing before her. Dawson let out a little laugh and then continued explaining how she is going to give the nurse the vial of her 'blood' while everyone was hiding in the shadows of the room and after hopefully she would take it and leave but if that didn't happen then they would come out and have to fight.
Everyone knew what the plan was now and was ready to put it into action. They ran downstairs and into the grand hall waiting for the nurses arrival, Dawson getting into place in the room and the rest hiding in the shadows in case things went south.
A few minutes later the nurse walked in and said "I see you've figured it out... where are your friends"
" I came alone."
The nurse looked at her for a moment then harshly asked her where it was, Dawson held the vial that contained the shiny blue liquid up in the air and then tossed it to her. The nurse caught it and examined it then said
"Very well" then took it and shot it to the back of her throat. Dawsons eyes widened with surprise, she didn't think she would drink it here. As the nurse lowered the vial from her lips she looked at Dawson with a death glare. Dawson started slightly panicking, the nurse didn't say anything but just proceeded to take out her wand and quietly mumbled something under her breath and whipped her wand towards Dawson. As she saw this coming she just held her hands up and the spell froze in mid air.
"What. Just. Happened." Dawson looked at the floating neon purple light above her head, and the two stood there staring at it in amazement but after a brief moment the nurse started rapid firing at her.
" Well that was a nice break." Dawson mumbled under her breath pulling out her wand firing back, at that was the point everyone came out of the shadows and started to fire at the nurse.
Dawson stood behind them all and held an enchantment on them to protect them from the spells. A few moments later she felt a sharp pain in her arm and looked down to see her shirt sleeve ripped and covered with her blood " Ah damnit", as the pain set in she dropped her arm taking away the enchantment. McKennly, Griffin, and Cole kept going at her while Elston stopped.
" Are you okay? What just happened?" Elston asks to be sincere while also distracted by firing shots and the nurse.
" She hit my arm, I'm okay, though I just need to get a bandaid." Dawson said kind of laughing while Elston glared at her, pausing her moment of sincerity.
The nurse lowered wand and was staring at Dawsons arm and realized what it was, "There it is.''
Dawson had a brief moment of panic realizing McKennly didn't change the color back, She then tried to throw a spell at the nurse but it wouldn't work. She really started to panic then McKennly and had told Elston to teleport to the office . She did as she was told,grabbed Dawsons arm, and then a few seconds later they ended up in the office, Elston looked like she was starting to get overwhelmed, " I uh- I'm gonna go get you a bandaid." As she pointed to Dawson, "don't go anywhere." She stuttered as she walked out. She left and Dawson was alone trying to fix the cut on her arm but her magic wouldn't work.
" Ugh this sucks. Why won't it workkkkkk" Dawson whined as she got frustrated with her injury, throwing her arm down as she fails to fix herself after many attempts.
A couple moments later she heard someone walking in and immediately grabbed her wand, but when she looked up she saw Lane.
" What are you doing here?"
"I was looking for McKennly. What happened to you?" He examined her arm. "We were practicing spells and one accidentally hit me, not a big deal" She tried to sound convincing and hold herself together.
" You know I never took you as a liar."
" I'm not lying it was really an accident, Aven was practicing a spell and his aim was a tad off" she tried to laugh it off though she felt like crying because of how much her arm hurt. Then he started to crouch to the ground next to her, " I can tell when someone is lying to me... also you're just not a very good liar." She looked at him and said it didn't matter anyway. He huffed and shook his head then placed his hand on her arm over the wound, She flinched and tried to pull away.
" Relax a sec would ya" she did and a few seconds later her arm was healed and all that was left was a scar.
" How'd you do that so fast?" Staring in amazement at her healed injury, ignoring the previous annoyance she held in her voice.
He stood up and extended his arm to her which she grabbed and got up as well and responded with "my magic is not broken" she rolled her eyes and he laughed "you okay now?" " I think I'm good now. Thank you", He took that as his cue to leave and he headed out the door.
Elston came back and she said that they needed to go back now, Dawson was about to question it but before she could Elston grabbed her arm and they were back. She saw Griffin and McKennly on the ground and Cole trying to kept up with how many shots the nurse was firing, Dawson ran toward him and put an enchantment back on him and then he collapse of exhaustion Elston ran to him to see if he was okay, He said he was but really drained she so hugged him and took him by the others and Dawson told her to take them all to the office, She did as Dawson said and a few seconds later they were gone. Then it was just her and the nurse. "Then there were two." She said in a mocking tone.
"Too bad it's about to be one." Dawson said as she lifted her hand as a precaution for what may come next.
The nurse lowered her wand but Dawson kept her hand up. A split second later, The nurse ran out of the room and locked the door so Dawson was stuck.
Dawson ran after her to the door but she was a millisecond too late. Her wand wasn't working on the lock, she tried to use her powers to her advantage even though she didn't really know how they worked, she was getting angry and could feel heat in her veins and as she did she noticed her hands were getting quite red but she shrugged it off. A few short moments later she felt all of the heat and placed her hands on the door and it surged with red and then burst open.
She let out a happy sigh of relief as she almost collapsed but pushed that down knowing she had to go catch the Nurse before she found the others. After running around about a quarter of the school she found her in a hallway about a yard from where the office was where everyone was hiding. Her back was to Dawson, Dawson yelled "what do you want from them".
The nurse slowly turned around and said "oh nothing, you're the one I want... Well not you just your blood" Dawson threw a spell at the nurse but she stopped it with her wand and threw it back at her, Luckily Dawson dodged it.
" That was a little too close for comfort." She mumbled under her breath as she got on all fours to stand up.
As she was getting back up she saw Lane walking with Diane, the nurse was getting ready to cast something at them but Dawson acting quickly and said "nunc baculum magicum" Then the nurses wand flew back right into Dawsons hand, Lane looked at her with surprise and she nodded her head forward giving a signal for them to leave.
" I'm not going to let some lower level person tell me what to do.I-" Diane started to argue but Lane grabbed her hand and started running.
The nurse raised her hand and was bringing the wand back toward her and after struggling to hold it Dawson let it go.
"Someone needs to learn how to respect their teachers." The nurse said as she raised her wand and aimed it right at Dawson.
Meanwhile back in the office, McKennly woke up and helped Elston get Griffin up. " What happened? Where's Dawson?" McKennly said, still groggy from having the lights knocked out of her.
"Long story short you all got your asses kicked and Dawson is downstairs, One V Oneing the nurse right now." Elston said she sounded harsh but was fairly stressed out with the situation at hand.
"Ouch." Griffin chimed in, It wasn't clear if he was in physical pain or was insulted by Elstons comment. Regardless, everyone ignored him.
After they put a few healing spells on each other then as to not risk running into anyone else at school they teleported to the basement to go help Dawson.
"Elston, I thought you said she was down here." McKennly said as she turned around to look at Elstons perplexed expression that was painted on her and the boys faces. " I swear she was right where we left her." Elston was very panicked at this point. " Okay, let's not jump down each other's throats now. If they're still fighting then that means bright lights and yelling which can't be hard to find, right?" Cole tried really hard to sound positive, but sounded really harsh as he was also slightly freaking out.
" Yeah, he's right. Let's go." McKennly said as she turned around leading the group out of the group hall to find their friend.
While they were running to find her, Lane had dropped Diane back to her room. "You're not going to help her right? I mean she's such a ditz, her and her friends." Diane said as Lane headed out of the room.
" It's none of your business if I was going to help her. Also I don't think you have a place to be talking. your friends suck." He walked out of her room and slammed the door, not looking back.
After he left he started running back to Dawson to see what was happening. He ran back to where they were earlier and sure enough they were still there but this time the nurse had her wand aimed at Dawson shooting rapid fire at her, the nurses words sounded like gibberish with how fast they were coming out.
"Gone." Lane yelled to the nurse while pointing his wand at her.
Without hesitation she turned to him yelling, "ESTO."
He crumpled to the ground wincing in pain.
"NO."Dawson screamed,her veins began glowing red and her eyes started glowing. "What in the hell?" The nurse started to back away slowly but Dawson grabbed her and the nurse started glowing red.
" LET ME GO please im sorry im sorry im-" The energy surged through Dawson's hands and in a few moments the nurse was down.