The Invasion

"Did you sleep well?" Rina asked when Katara woke up.

"Like a baby mooselion. I'm ready to take down the Fire Lord!"

"So what's your strategy?" Toph asked. "Are you going to get the glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?"

"I can't. My seventh chakra is locked, blocking my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe."

"You know what I just heard?" Toph asked. "Blah blah spiritual mumbo jumbo blah something about space."

Rina pointed to some fog in the distance. "Guys! There's the invasion."

A fleet of Water Tribe ships emerged from the fog, six sky bison flying above them. They docked at the harbor and the kids rushed up to the flagship.

"You made it!" Rina yelled as she ran to hug her parents.

"Did you find everyone I asked you to?" Sokka asked Jinora.

"I did. Air Nomads are historically pacifists, so I'm not going to judge them."

"Whoo-whee!" Due yelled as he leapt down the ramp. "This place ain't nothing like the swamp!" He pointed to a rock. "Whaddya reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of exploding Fire Nation trap that'll kill ya?"

"Due, it's just a rock."

"Well I'll be."

Chief Arnook frowned as he and his warriors left the ship. "Is it just me, or are those fellows a little loose in the leaf hat?"

Kuzon adjusted the quiver of arrows on his back and sighed. "I just wish they'd wear pants." Anuri made a noise of agreement.

"Pants are an illusion, and so is death," said Huu.

"Aunt Narure?" Rina asked. "We uh...have some bad news. About your mom. She...uh...kind of attacked us. And bloodbended us. And then Katara took her bending."

Narure sighed. "I suppose that is to be expected. I could bloodbend before I could walk, thanks to her."

"Really? You're not surprised? Or upset?"

"Let's wait until the Fire Nation falls."

---

"Hi, Katara."

Katara beamed when she saw Haru, who'd grown facial hair since she last saw him. "It's so good to see you!"

Rina nodded to Toph and Zuko. "Toph, Zuko, this is Haru. When we met him, his town was controlled by the Fire Nation, so we had to hide his earthbending."

"Katara inspired me and my father to take back our village."

Tyro walked up to Katara and put a hand on her shoulder. "You helped us find our courage, Avatar. Now we're here to help you."

"No way," Toph said suddenly. "Is that..."

The Hippo pulled her into a hug. "Hippo happy to see Blind Bandit!"

"You guys here for a rematch?"

"Negatory," the Boulder said. "The Boulder and the Hippo no longer fight for others' entertainment. Now, we fight for our kingdom!"

"Sweet."

Suddenly a boat exploded. The Mechanist, covered in orange goo, started to cough as Teo rolled down the ramp towards them.

Rina lit up. "Teo!" She hugged him as best she could with the wheelchair.

"We were testing the incendiary capabilities of peanut sauce," Teo explained as he licked his fingers. "It didn't work."