The Drill

The gigantic vehicle was escorted by a fleet of tanks that appeared little more than toys. The spikes of the drill pushed into the ground, then steam propelled it forward.

Inside the operating tower, Azula sat on a large throne, Mai and Ty Lee on smaller thrones on either side of her.

"This drill is a feat of scientific ingenuity and raw destructive power," War Minister Qin explained. "Once it tunnels through the wall, our troops will storm the city. The Fire Nation will claim the city of Ba Sing Se and the Earth Kingdom will finally fall, and you can claim the city in the name of your father. Nothing can stop us!"

Ty Lee looked through the periscope. "What about those muscly guys down there?"

Qin scoffed. "Please, the drill's metal armor is impervious to any earthbending attack." Ty Lee watched through the periscope as the earthbenders dropped into trenches.

"Hm, I'm sure it is," Azula mused. "But just to be safe, Mai, Ty Lee, take them out."

Mai pulled out a knife. "Finally, something to do."

---

"Rina, what are you doing here?" Katara asked as Rina swooped down to join them.

"I was, but something stopped me. Something big." Katara and Toph bent earth platforms up the wall.

"What's so big that Sang has to wait?" asked Sokka.

Rina pointed over the wall. "That."

Ying shook her head. "We finally made it to Ba Sing Se, and we're still not safe! No one is."

"What are you doing here?" a guard demanded. "Civilians aren't allowed on the wall!"

Katara straightened. "I'm the Avatar. Take me to whoever's in charge."

The general smirked. "It's an honor to welcome you to the outer wall, Avatar, but your help is not needed."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes. I have this situation under my control. I assure you, the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried. None have succeeded."

"What about the Dragon of the West?" Toph asked. "He got in."

"Ah, yes. But he was quickly expunged." He cleared his throat. "Nevertheless, that is why the city is named Ba Sing Se. The impenetrable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se, the penetrable city." He laughed at his own joke.

"Yeah, thanks for the tour, but we've still got the drill problem," Toph pointed out.

"Not for long. To stop it, I sent an elite group of earthbenders, the Terra Team."

Sokka nodded approvingly. "That's a good name. Very catchy."

---

The Terra Team rode a wave of earth towards the drill. "Ready? Attack!"

The earthbenders launched several large columns at earth at the drill, but it quickly shattered them. The team rose a defensive shield against Mai's throwing knives, letting Ty Lee slip in. Avoiding their attacks, she Chi-blocked them until the entire Terra Team was lying helpless at her feet, the ones she didn't hit struck by Mai's knives.

---

The man, General Sung, watched the Terra Team fall. "We're doomed!"

Sokka slapped him. "Get ahold of yourself!"

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"Maybe you'd like the Avatar's help now," Rina suggested.

"Yes. Please."